The simplistic Salas low voltage shunt regulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
V1.2R minus for -45Vout

If I understood well can I use this schematic for -45Vout only changing Vin for -52V & R12 1k Trimmer for 500R trimmer, right?

196080d1289510800-simplistic-salas-low-voltage-shunt-regulator-1v2rnegmedium.gif

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Thanks Nick, I suspect that the sound of the V1.2R will be perfect to reg the Owen I/V DAC (A New Take for the Classic Pass Labs D1 with an ESS Dac) that's the reason I asked the minus schematic because that IV needs +- reg, BTW V1.2R sounds fantastic with my balanced Simplistic NJFET Phono RIAA but do not sounds so good in my unbalanced Simplistic NJFET Phono RIAA....

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I find both 1.2 and 1.2R giving more resolution in my non balanced Riaa than 1.0 RS you use. 1.2 I find open and detailed, and 1.2R even better fleshed out. Different systems. But all 3 types are very useful and synergise better in different ways as it proves. I suspect most of all has to do with loudspeakers and rooms and the balance that suites them best.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Having such a dramatic feel of HF loss like there is a filter as you say, it will be more worrying there is a problem than it is a passive part's characeristic. Bypass with a small teflon or use another type like Rifa or Vishay box cap in any case, so to address that scenario too.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.