The Signal Transfer Company

Gerry, yes would very much like to see the info. Have sent you my email address by private message. I can send you the info from Self's book if you like. It's nothing radical just tweaks but as I'm building from scratch its worth doing.

Hi again etlasr,

Emails sent - had to send three separate mails because google limits attachment sizes.
Would like to see that info from Doug's book whenever you get the chance.

Gerry, haven't looked at your docs yet but looking at Carl Huff's docs (thanks Carl) I see that the Linear Audio paper describes the changes / adaptions I'm referring to in the Self book, see page 147 of the paper. So I'm thinking that what's in the Self book is probably already known to you anyway.

For any members interested in getting hold of the pcb's for Mr Self's designs via Signal Transfer in the UK, the correct (and working) email address is:

gconnor@freeuk.com (This is Mr Gareth Connor from GJC Designs and the Signal Transfer Company in the UK.)

Perhaps one might suggest to Mr Gareth Connor that this new, updated info be posted on the Signal Transfer Website ...................... ?

spoke too soon

Weird just got a prompt reply from Gareth on that mail address. Seems he has what I want. Lets see how it goes. He also ccd his response to gconnor@freeuk.com. Maybe that's the mail he's using for Signal Transfer stuff?

Spoke too soon, after Gareth's prompt reply saying he had what I wanted and would progress it via Paypal payment he has gone silent again. Would note no money changed hands yet.

Interesting, same story from me. Gareth promptly answered my first email the same day, but then I sent another email the day after with an order asking for a Paypal invoice from him, and here I am still waiting after 19 days for a response from him. Obviously he is not too interested in taking orders and making money.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
This is nothing new for Gareth and Douglas Self who also used a free web hosting service for some years. It seems to take an age before the problems get through to the host and they take effective (or any) action though.

You have to question how much responsibility someone providing a free web service will or should take for it, going forward. As I see it, there needs to be incentives to meet commitments and after so many years, there will likely be shifting/increasing maintenance and upgrade costs too. These will have to be covered by sustained income which will come from where exactly?