The Signal Transfer Company

Try searching for 'Gareth Connor' on the internet. He is closely associated with Douglas and has a website with his email and phone number listed.
Unfortunately I no longer have that info so I cannot pass it on to you.
I will do a simultaneous search and let you know if I turn up anything.

...thanks, I do have Gareth's email (though admittedly from about 3 yrs ago) from when I communicated with him re some signal transfer stuff. Tried that a few weeks back, didn't bounce but no reply on that either. I think I'm getting to the point of accepting that The STC is no longer trading.

""
icon1.gif
The Self Site lives yet
Hi

I am painfully aware that my website is not currently accessible under its usual address.The Pipex address translation system seems to have failed, and they just don't seem interested in fixing it.

You can still access it at: TalkTalk Webspace is closing soon!!

When it will be fixed I don't know- the way Pipex is acting, never. Please pass the alternate address on to anyone you think might be interested.

Spread the word!

I found this in an earlier thread, I may be helpful.

thanks anyway

Gerry,

The Doug Self Pipex thing looks like a dead-end also but thanks for trying. At least a comment on the Signal Transfer site that says 'not trading' would be polite. Will have to reverse engineer the PCBs I need. A lot of work for 2 PCBs!

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

It's a stuff-up for sure. It's really hard to believe the email excuse, they could have got a new service years ago - and published that on their website so that business could continue.
I think that Gareth was the problem, he was supposed to run the business, my own experience of him was decidedly disappointing - and Douglas has probably just given up on him.

A great pity indeed, and a very poor reflection on Douglas.

Gerry.

....certainly doesn't help anyone who, having studied the excellent work of Doug S, then wants to build one of his designs on a proven low risk layout. Tends to limit Doug S's work to just being academic text which is a pity given how 'real world' and practical his work is.

Adrian

Signal Transfer Co still exists

Just got prompt reply from Gareth after putting a query in via his other company site CML Audio. Hopefully good news.

Yes, Signal Transfer is still running.
There have been serious email problems that have varied between sporadic access and seemingly insurmountable, however, as of yesterday afternoon, I have gained full access to the ISP’s server so am working through the various emails that have been sent that need attention.

Best regards,

Yes, Signal Transfer is still running.
There have been serious email problems that have varied between sporadic access and seemingly insurmountable, however, as of yesterday afternoon, I have gained full access to the ISP’s server so am working through the various emails that have been sent that need attention.

Best regards,

Good news indeed, is the quote from Gareth himself ?

Hi Adrian,
I would have replaced or at least got an additional email service that works.
I'm finding it difficult to buy into that email story, it's been the std excuse for over two years now.
Anyway, I really do hope that their problems are over now.
Time will tell.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Fwiw I contacted both Gareth and Doug last year over this, pointing them to this thread so that they could comment. Neither acknowledged.

Given that the thread title is so specific it is hard to see how it could have been missed by Doug who does still frequent this forum very regularly.

Speaking as an ordinary member here, its no way to run a business. If a company did have email issues then they should be on top of that immediately and also make sure that their fan base knows that they know, such as by putting a note on the site main page.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I can understand free web hosting services being unreliable. Many UK websites of interest to us have either vanished or become dysfunctional due to mergers, lack of interest or incapacity of the host to maintain them. But an Email service? - this is silly. Why not use what just about every individual in Europe and elsewhere uses without such difficulty?