The Quote button and other faux pas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
SY is having fun with the edit function - can't blame him, I started it. ;)

There are some silly sigs here, but have a look at other forums! We are a beacon of brevity of here. But that is because the short sig rule is enforced here. I like it.

Sure Waki, it ain't the worst thing on the forum, but there is so much of it! As Winter says, some education will help, but so will making the reply button easier to reach than the quote button.

But I'm old fashioned and a bandwidth conservative. Been on BBS, forums and the interweb since the 70s (yes, the seventies). Like folks who grew up in the depression era who hate to waste anything, I hate to waste bandwidth. Just an old fuddle-duddy, me.

Anecdotes presented as evidence

Anecdotes are evidence. They just aren't scientific proof.

Maybe over-use of the quote button, especially when repeating large pictures (like ugly sutures from one's latest surgery, e.g.), should merit a day in the sin bin. A sort of forum venial sin....

Like over-using ellipsis....

John

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.