The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

something to think about.

Scary part is that most of the other 96% remains blind for the facts ; government, health care, everyone from the justice department to social workers.

Various books have been published on the topic, good one to read : http://www.amazon.com/Emotional-Blackmail-People-Obligation-Manipulate/dp/0060928972

What makes it worse is that sociopath types as e.g. narcistic and egocentric personality disorder individuals often have characteristics that score high points on the socio-economic career ladder.
In some cases even anti-social disorder types, though with a limited shelf life.
Think anyone in the "arts" industry, crooked lawyers, the Pete and Bernie Madoff ceo type.

Trouble is that a lot of those folks can go undetected for decades, as they appear friendly and social to the outside, "normal", or quite often switch to the victim role as a means to gain sympathy.
Zero conscience, lacking all feelings of guilt, zero empathy, but a highly developed social intelligence sensory system.
One day you wake up, and come to realise you've encountered various individuals that fit the bill in the course of your life ; collegues, bosses, friends, partners, even family members you took serious for dozens of years.

The tiny portion that reaches critical mass, sooner or later, are the ones that make the front covers, but the bulk of the sociopath iceberg remains undetected below the surface.

(During my still somewhat virgin airport history, i noticed that each time they've sent me to the short dick check-in desk. How strange.)