The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
ook

started last night buddy's freshlyboughtfordirtcheap old hog - XR650 ;

allegedly - it's just missing functional CDI

made quickie crude basic thyristor circ (for prehystoric hogs equipped with mech. centrifugal advancer) , got a spark and voila

buddy managed to get few back-kicks , I was laughing as mad hatter , repeating him proper procedure how to not hurt himself ....... and it started ..... puffing oil smoke badly , but I resume there is not much to worry - after few years of just standing Dodo , all oil from frame tank is down , on much higher level than needed

second star was less smokey ....... now I can repair old CDI , already stripped it from rubber armor

that drek is pretty pricey , if you ask me

however , all that honda thumper drek is pricey :rofl:

Yup
Since I left the widowmaker Kawasaki triple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia under the front wheels of a buss bout 30 years ago only honda I had was Prelude (3 of them one manual 2.2 4th gen whit star trek dash board and 2 2.2 5th gen all whit 4 wheel steering and alegdley 190Hp ) really much nicerer than piece of crap I have now

Yes cheaper to buy new old car than fix

I realy wish to start riding again but then I also wish to grow hair back and that wuld mean to look stupid for couple of years

Joined 2011
Paid Member
In my, i was going to say youth, i had me a red Volvo Duett. Its like a Volvo PV with cargo and its frame built like yank cars. Anyways it had a B16 engine with a solex carb and the gearbox was so worn out i could shift from 3d to 4th by just stomping clutch by the sheer weight of the long floorbased shifter. It took me on any adventure, had its own kind personality and with 30 000 plus mileage it was wiser then myself.

Well not gonna argue about miles and conversion to litters neither going to start jumping round because we are in male dominated society where mile is equivalent to 1576 average male steps or round 2000 Female nor going to complain because Jaco's is bigger and measured in knots
Although average foot may be more useful than BIC lighter when compared to dick still I see
30 000 plus when U mention your Volvo (spelling is right by the way? no u and a in it yes?)

So me just saying I am sure is 300000 read 3 100 1000 when U write 30 space 000 yes ?

But just in case I shall deny any knowledge of it as Just had this and it may be that putter is showing sumthink else
any any way and here is reason to post
Quasi Dodo is nice enough when marinated in Balsamic vinegar Olive Oil and Soy sauce whit abundant sprinkling of Oregano and goes well whit sweet peppers & galangal + she did her usual magic on same tatters and all in all I can only say I definitely recommend this

I am not going round being total PXXXK telling U MUST go to ICELAND
Just telling U is ok (much betterer than same I had at restourant)
more to the point as advert i get for Lucy Liu underware on this forum banner
I had the Ostrich steaks as the burghers look way doggy and Boar and apple saussages are a bit of an aquired taste (especialy the real ones)

http://groceries.iceland.co.uk/kezie-ostrich-fillet-125g/p/57597

Attachments

• Dodo 003.jpg
    Dodo 003.jpg
    829 KB · Views: 118
  • Dodo 004.jpg
    Dodo 004.jpg
    948.3 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
As being such a complete fuckup as I has been troughout my life I am so happy with ending my evenings with turning my sons gymnastic wear inside out and do it with a smile because he loves his life. Life is not easy. I have spent alot of mine in jail. I have never met jesus but I have met myself.

Be happy, dont let anyone mess with it. Stay cool. And most important, dont be shy to ask for help when you need it. The people you have met in your life is not dummies. They are there for you. As you are there for them.

best
Staffan

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
if there is interest zm i will care for your ride and sleepover here in sweden when we start it up. you have given us so much amplification we might as well give back

tnx for offer

I had some dreams about taking to Sweden to my Baby DiyA buddy (living in Göteborg) , and go back on 2 wheels

however , no Sweden this year

if I manage next one , will bump in for few beers ;)