The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Scusi, me busy protecting the roof of the conservatory, there's a big chunk of ice ready to fly down from 20ft higher.
(not sure if it's visible, me lousy shot)

Cats have nine lives, why stretch if you can burn them all at once.

Attachments

• IceAge5-Scene2.jpg
    IceAge5-Scene2.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 131
Me forgot to clean the rain gutters from leaves in autumn.
Figured i'd better check last thursday before another cold/snow wave hits : rain pipes all frozen up and 3" of ice in the 10" wide gutters and on the 3m x 10m flat rooftop extension.

Hit it with hot water hoses half the day, from two 43 kW water heaters in the garage, set at 80C.
Forgot the ice picks. :warped:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
That plane passes over our house every week.
Some two years ago I even got the chance to get indoors in it.

Magura :D

We repaired electronic toys inside USA version and I had to travel to main base where the aircraft was being overhauled. They were closely guarded by young punks with M16's and a bad attitude and my name had to be onna list etc. So how the helllllllllll didya even get near it - let alone inside it!!???? Of course - with my looks it is no wonder they wanted to shoot me and just put me outta my misery. :p

We repaired electronic toys inside USA version and I had to travel to main base where the aircraft was being overhauled. They were closely guarded by young punks with M16's and a bad attitude and my name had to be onna list etc. So how the helllllllllll didya even get near it - let alone inside it!!???? Of course - with my looks it is no wonder they wanted to shoot me and just put me outta my misery. :p

I sold my soul to the devil, so did the Mrs. :rofl:

We both got in there to have a closer look.

It was however heavily guarded as you describe, and no doubt that it was an invited guests only.

The one we were paying a visit was the American one, called AWACS. It's the American one that passes over our house from time to time, hence the interest to go see it.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
The one we were paying a visit was the American one, called AWACS. It's the American one that passes over our house from time to time, hence the interest to go see it.

Back when we worked on AWACS toys the pilots still wore leather skull caps and goggles!!!! Jez - now that I think back that really was a looooooooog time ago when I was still a senior teche. Got promoted to crew chief and moved over to meteorological toy section. Dat wuz interesting cause it was REAL science - like measuring rain water 'n seeing if da sun was shinning sorta stuff. :cool: I'm still amazed that a big cloud can hold several tons of water and wind can blow you to land of Oz. The "Space Weather" stuff was a little "out there" tho :rolleyes: