The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

[That can is like a :magnet: to you!]

Surprised you can tell, what, with all that other stuff all over the floors and walls! Surprised you noticed - you only go there for a nasal treat and to add to your already exhaustive opinions re 'His Nibs', the Landlord, in the graffiti columns…(surprised you can find any space) :confused:

;):D:D:D

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I always thought that being in the UK we were waaay ahead of you N Ammerys….until I just worked it out that Cal has hours of relaxation and boozing and eating ahead tonight, whereas we have muuuch less time :scratch1::scratch1::confused::confused::confused:

Just my luck to finally reach that point in life where I get a paycheck to stay home all day and now I don't drink booze, or smoke (anything), or eat a bunch of sugar coated fatty foods.... sigh. What's the point in that??? Life isn't always fair.....:bawling::bawling::bawling:

Only had surgery once…..It bugg*red up a few weeks fishing opportunity. But I was lucky, no pain, quick uncomplicated heal. and no after effects…..even playing golf again after 20 years. Not bad at 72, can hit a seven iron over 160 yds (in the right (general) direction.) But like you, have to watch the food…..drink only a little decent red wine, but still smoke cigarettes.

Well the walk is in the bank. Little doggie ready for a sleep. Cal pouring another rum before the first one wears off. It's 5 o'clock and my (CFL Football) team is playing in a couple hours
I would want a BIG payment to drink Canadian beer! ;)
It is so sad that you are relating to the commonplace products. Canada is full of really good small brewers that offer world class products. Come for a visit.
four more months of re-hab should have things back to full speed.
You know why you're doing it so swallow that pill. What would the pub be without you Albert?
I happen to notice that our hockey teams are both doing well. I was a little pissed that your ****heads beat mine a few days back but was happy at the same time knowing that one of the pub members got a win out of it.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Only had surgery once…..It bugg*red up a few weeks fishing opportunity. But I was lucky, no pain, quick uncomplicated heal. and no after effects…..even playing golf again after 20 years. Not bad at 72, can hit a seven iron over 160 yds (in the right (general) direction.) But like you, have to watch the food…..drink only a little decent red wine, but still smoke cigarettes.

After successfully avoiding it for 20 years why in the blazes did you start playing that infernal game of smacking that $@#$^$%^ white ball around!!!

OTOH I guess if alcoholics can relapse after 20 years then former golfers can too..... :rolleyes:

Well the walk is in the bank. Little doggie ready for a sleep. Cal pouring another rum before the first one wears off. It's 5 o'clock and my (CFL Football) team is playing in a couple hours

It is so sad that you are relating to the commonplace products. Canada is full of really good small brewers that offer world class products. Come for a visit.

You know why you're doing it so swallow that pill. What would the pub be without you Albert?
I happen to notice that our hockey teams are both doing well. I was a little pissed that your ****heads beat mine a few days back but was happy at the same time knowing that one of the pub members got a win out of it.

My mother always advised me that if you go to Canada, don't eat the yellow snow and that the beer is worse….it stunts your growth. :)