The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
wow. glad u met up with more fam. did you find them while swinging in the family tree?

I found Michelle about two years ago and shortly after that we found Felicia and my Cousin Charles that came from my grandmother's side of the family. I had a DNA test run in December az a birthday present to myself and that opened up the door to my ancestry. In the beginning I only knew my father and grandfathers names. Now I know a lot about their history and have over 400 relatives in my family tree on my grandfathers side and somewhere around a thousand on my grandmothers side.

At least two of my relatives fought in the Revolutionary War and one of those was a member of General Washington's Guard force. A relative from my grandmothers side of the family was hanged by King Henry VIII.

So far I have found another four cousins that are alive and one of them knew my grandfather when he was alive (granddaddy was his uncle).

So I'm finding out quite a lot of interesting stuff and it's a lot of great fun!!! ;)

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Really cool C2. And that you also meet up, the ones alive that wasnt aware of eachother, that is awesome.

As far as I know about my parents and grandparents are so booringly monogame so I dont think there is anyone to meet up with for me. And the ones known is so self occupied and booring anyway.

Both my grandmother and after that my dad did quite abit of ancestry research so I have all kinds of trees on the walls at my parents place. Some of them has stories to, written in the margins of churchbooks etc. One ranger, living in the 15th century not far from the place I grew up was wanted dead or alive for stealing from the crown. Probably shooting a deer or so in the kings forest.

More stories C2!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Really cool C2. And that you also meet up, the ones alive that wasnt aware of eachother, that is awesome.

As far as I know about my parents and grandparents are so booringly monogame so I dont think there is anyone to meet up with for me. And the ones known is so self occupied and booring anyway.

Both my grandmother and after that my dad did quite abit of ancestry research so I have all kinds of trees on the walls at my parents place. Some of them has stories to, written in the margins of churchbooks etc. One ranger, living in the 15th century not far from the place I grew up was wanted dead or alive for stealing from the crown. Probably shooting a deer or so in the kings forest.

More stories C2!

A little bit of USA history of our Civil War between the Northern States and the Southern States. I had ancestors on both sides trying to kill each other...... This short bio iz a little bit of a look into one of our Confederate Army ancestors.....

Gilmer, Texas, February 7, 1937
Maternal Record:

"Benjamin Franklin *********, being the first born of Joseph and Sarah Elizabeth ********* saw the light of day May 22, 1835. He was educated in the common school of the community, grew to manhood in his father’s home, being unusually apt at schoolwork, he secured a good solid workable education which fitted him for his chosen work of clerking in a dry goods store and keeping books. When he was 22 years old, he enlisted in the Civil War and served his country as best he could. Never being wounded during the entire four years of conflict. He once had a boil or stone bruise on his foot and General Robert E. Lee dismounted from his favorite horse, Traveler, and had Ben (Grandpa) to climb in the saddle and ride to camp. The general walked beside him. Ben, together with many others, stacked his gun at Appomattox Court House, Virginia, when the conflict ended on April 9, 1865. He listened to General Lee’s farewll address to his men who had so valiantly tried to defend what they thought were their rights. While tears were streaming down the cheeks of the General as well as those of his men, who turned away sadly to retrace their footsteps home in different states. Ben walked every step of the way until he reached neighbors who knew him. One neighbor took him home in his buggy. Ben wanted to slip in on his mother and family to give a surprise but, Jule, the Negro washwoman, was washing at the spring near the roadside, recognized him, and ran fast as she could go the nearest way to the house, shouting at the top of her voice, "Mars Ben is coming, I seed him in the buggy." So his parents and family were soon overjoyed at his arrival, safe home once more.
The war closed on April 9, 1865. It must have taken several weeks to walk home. But true to the vows he made before he joined the army, he married his sweetheart, Miss Isabella Francis ********* on July 6, 1865. To this union were born eight children."

Joined 2006
Paid Member
c2c.....

If madness is in any way genetic you have a lot of relations here in the pub!:grouphug:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have a few of those - and some crooks and robbers too..... some of which got caught and some that ran for political office (just kidding - and let's not go off onto the political road or Cal will have a cow)

Thanks to the very hard work of other ancestors and researchers I'm able to trace that part of the tree back to around 530 A.D.

I think that most of us have some interesting ancestors somewhere in our linage..... but be prepared for what you find - some of it won't be pretty.

And another thing - most people could not give a rat's azz if you were related to Saint So-and-So or a famous singer or war hero... That information and a couple of bucks will get you a cup a coffee and some odd looks......:rolleyes:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Cool. Was your ancestor named after "The" Ben Franklin, or am I getting it wrong?

I had two of 'em named after Mr. Franklin and one of 'em named after Thomas Jefferson - and az far az I can tell it simply because their daddy's liked to men and wanted to honor them and no personal connection is involved.

However - both Franklin and Jefferson were well know az skirt chasers - so there might be something to go after there from my grandmothers side of things.... :faint:

It is a very painful disease when it strikes in full force. I would not wish it on many people.....but there ar one or two now that I think of it!

The cause is as the article says diet related. Foods high in purines are the main cause.

There are meds which will remove all risk of repeat attacks, but they have to be taken throughout whats left of life. I chose to not use them due to being on too many other meds. But I had a recent holiday in France which was blighted by a med intensity attack.

Plenty on Google search.

Thanks Brian, I needed a good belly laugh. That gout, it's a real knee slapper for sure.

I am walking unaided now so it only a matter of days before it's behind me. Yes, I deserve all the pain I get when I miss my meds, eat lobster, pate and drink copious amounts of alcohol - everything I am to avoid, and do so in excess. Just a remeinder I suppose.

Clams Jacco? Does that means I have to rely on breathalyzers from now on? I'm not sure I can convince the better half, any suggestions?

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Since my mediaserver died a while ago, I had put the vinyl rig up again. I found an old tube riaa at a frinds and rebuilt it do something decent. So those hollidays I was about to enjoy music and rebuild my server. When I finally had all chassieparts rigged in the server and mounted motherboard etc it was totally dead, Not even a bios splash on screen. I sent it back for guarantee replacement. Then the riaa died. Following the powerrails looking for bad caps etc I ended up, after tearing it all out from the load, on a tranny with burned filament windings. No music this weekend. But, as I need a new soundcard for measuring purpouses I local-fleabayed a Pro Edirol one. An USB one so that could also sort my listening thingy for now. The guy lives on the opposite side of town and said we could meet up later. Since I was bored I putted up another project, but I needed to buy new risers. The only store that sells them directly is also on the other side of town, so I mailed and mailed the guy to set up a meeting when I will be there anyway. When I arrived to the hardware store, who's homepage said they were open today I was met by a sign that said they had moved. They didnt say that on their homepage tho. They had moved nearby where I live. I tried to get in contact with the soundcard guy but in vane. So I went back home. The hardware store had closed for the day. On the walk home I had a mail from the computer store that said they found some bent CPU-pins on the board. Which I know happened when I tried to mount the little plastic when sending it back. No guarantee.

Oh, and ex-gf called said her mom passed away. Expected but anyway.

Its very silent here. Can someone just run me over with car a few times or so?

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Its very silent here. Can someone just run me over with car a few times or so?

Don't try drowning your sorrows by drinking booze while sitting outside in this winter weather...... :violin:

Attachments

• shining-1267131841.jpg
    shining-1267131841.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 111