The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Fish talk. I grew up by teh biggest lake around and sealife came with the mother milk. Growing up, access to boat(y)s and the archipelague was a natural thingy. In weekend the words was passed in school that this or that island was party this weekend. Boats full of beer, guitars and fishingrods usually came from all directions friday evenings and we usually stayed out until sunday noons.

Later we came up with more hardcore rules. Only floating food and spices was allowed. Food shall be fished or you starve. Those camp fires far out in the islands is a memory I keep. The fire is glowing slowly, the guitars has silenced, the big sun colours the sea red when it emerges from the water horizon. Only the few is awake.

Sometimes we braught guest. My sis once braught an american friend from NY on visit. I remembered once he asked me the strange question, staring out ower the landscape:" who ownes this islands?"

It wasso silly to me so I took it as a joke, but he really wondered. When I told him that here you cannot own coastlines and even if you should, its the "allemansrätten" ie all mens rights that overrules that ownership. It is your bound rights to camp where you want, unless its outside someones window, no mather who owns it.

He was surely puzzeled, but very satisfied.

Keep fishing!
Staffan

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Those Vfets are technically Jfet in construction. They are pretty immune to
static discharge as there is no metal oxide Gate to "punch through"

:cool:

Knowledge gained from hanging around Grandpapa Oskar??? :cool::cool::cool:
Oskar Heil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm still a little twitchy from being around those germanium thingy's - I might have to get around to trying out some of those new silicon dodad's... :rolleyes:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Knowledge gained from hanging around Grandpapa Oskar??? :cool::cool::cool:
Oskar Heil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ya ignorant Dodo :rofl:

read his lips :

edit: whazzat !!? tube clip , where Pa is talking about his Ma's HiFi , and is beginnings , is missing !?

whatever - I have it in my puter

( I know that you were there , from time of last Dinosaurs :devily: )

...I'm still a little twitchy from being around those germanium thingy's - I might have to get around to trying out some of those new silicon dodad's... .......

I had my head wrapped around one of these thingies - in fact , I messed with drawing toob VAS , and polishing da Ge follower turd (one of the conditions was that GE must stay cleanly Ge, without my fave mosfet and bjt soldiers) : http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/225237-germanium-amp.html#post3276988

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• smesna.gif
    smesna.gif
    16 KB · Views: 69
Last edited: