The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Just got out again after another night in hospital...seems I may need a 'super clock'!:)

couldn't agree more with rest , but this is what's more important

I have a good friend whom I'm calling something as "Important wires Putter" ; according to him - that's safe and simple procedure ;

just check prior that they didn't put 100MHz clock , by mistake

:clown:

all the best , sport

Joined 2006
Paid Member
The old Lencos were better by far - even as originally sold. You can mod a thorens provided you start with replacing the arm, but they simply have a limit beyond which you cannot improve them. [The Lenco though can be made - with a lot of work and a go few $100 - into something which takes a lot of beating.]:cool:

@ c2c....that lamp looks awful well rubbed to me....did it work for you??;)

Just got out again after another night in hospital...seems I may need a 'super clock'!:)

Sorry to hear about that you might need a "super clock" to get things put right. SWMBO had one put in around three years ago - combined with a "Maze" procedure to quiet down her a-fib. All went quite well - except for the part where one of the leads became disconnected after a couple of months and had to be reconnected. I suggest that you consider the wiring upgrade to cryo treated silver wires with the gold interconnects. :cool:

The magic lamp iz not mine - it belongs to a friend of mine that I shall refer to az "Steeler Fan" (hiz fav American Football team iz the Pittsburgh Steelers") and the TD 160 belongs to him az well - his 1st adventure into TT's. IF I can get around to doing a DIY TT this year then I might entertain the idea of helping him make a better arm for his - but that iz a slippery slope to tread upon. Months ago I showed him how to replace the belts in hiz Marantz cd11mk2 and he still hasn't gotten around to doing it. Things like that get me into thinking about when "helping a friend" starts to become "working for free".... and that's another slippery slope. It all has a lot to do with how much spare time I have and what he is willing to do and to learn. :rolleyes:

Well spotted

Let's hope you spotted too that the image can also be interpreted as someone making out with a big fish.
(Big time also, in this case, by the looks of it. Could be my twisted mind playing havoc again)

Too much dither again, ay ?

Couple of weeks ago I zapped myself with an induction milk frother, touched both plug pins with wet fingers, forgot that these things are still heavily charged with +320V after unplugging.
The not so poor man's cheapo heart test. (had solid erect nipples for 2 hours, yummy, as long as I didn't touch them)

Last edited:
Let's hope you spotted too that the image can also be interpreted as someone making out with a big fish.
(Big time also, in this case, by the looks of it. Could be my twisted mind playing havoc again).........................................No other reason for catching 'em - as you well know, you being a sea man (as it were).;)

Too much dither again, ay ?

Quite a lot of that around when you reach 70.:mad:

Couple of weeks ago I zapped myself with an induction milk frother, touched both plug pins with wet fingers, forgot that these things are still heavily charged with +320V after unplugging.
The not so poor man's cheapo heart test. (had solid erect nipples for 2 hours, yummy, as long as I didn't touch them.)

The milk is meant to be in a jug....not still in the glands! :rolleyes: . But I am sure that the magnetic nipple spikes were to blame.:eek: The things that happen in the privacy of one's own home!:eek:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• Alfi-on-wheels.jpg
    Alfi-on-wheels.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 73
"Take your burden to Zen Mod and lay it down"

There is a long queue of pilgrims doing just that: it stretchs across cities and countryside!! ....all just waiting to be saved!

Attachments

• queue.jpg
    queue.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Fans-Queue-to-buy-tickets-010.jpg
    Fans-Queue-to-buy-tickets-010.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 73
  • C154-1005-1.jpg
    C154-1005-1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 79
  • HL1-165x300.jpg
    HL1-165x300.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 63
  • beyonce-knowles-joins-the-queue-for-the-glastonbury-festival-at-paddington-station-image-1-58100.jpg
    beyonce-knowles-joins-the-queue-for-the-glastonbury-festival-at-paddington-station-image-1-58100.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 49
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 49
Getting a new life
being a sea man (as it were)

Couple of years from now i'll be sportfishing on the caribbean sea 7/7.
(though 2/3d of the time I'll likely lie drunk flatfaced on the cockpit floor, or snoring in a fighting chair)

Already hooked up to some sportfishing folks there, through the Dominican republic forum (Dutch lingo).
One of which is building his own 25' fishing boat in/on the porch of his home in Jan Thiel, north-east suburb of Willemstad : Bateau2 - Builder Forums • View topic - Curacao CS 25

(other member is an acquaintance I haven't seen in +25 years, resides in the Dominican republic for the last dozen years or so : Dominican Republic Real Estate agent in the Dominican Republic. Eurodominican offers dream villas, houses, homes, apartments, Hotels, land lots for sale. )