The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
;)

Attachments

• Internet Logoff Warning.jpg
    Internet Logoff Warning.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 91
Ta Mate!!! Things are good with Buddy doggy!!! Now I'm back to screwing around with 2 story tall waterwheels..... :rolleyes:

I did some further research into this - on your behalf (Invoice for research fees to follow)- and found the following pic on Doug Self's website. He is a 'big wheel' in such matters as well as in amplifiers. It could save yopu a lot of time as you may not need to build a high building to take the water wheel etc. and naturally the time saved by it being no longer necessary to divert the Mississippi to drive the wheel will be a big saving in both time and bach(!)ache.

You will notice that the picture is of a L.Jung motor....I expect that he was Walt's father!:D:D

EDIT: I just hope that you are not offended by the idea of a belt drive!

;)

Glad that the pooch is well again.:)

Attachments

• ljung rotary 3a.jpg
    ljung rotary 3a.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 83
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I did some further research into this - on your behalf (Invoice for research fees to follow)- and found the following pic on Doug Self's website. He is a 'big wheel' in such matters as well as in amplifiers. It could save yopu a lot of time as you may not need to build a high building to take the water wheel etc. and naturally the time saved by it being no longer necessary to divert the Mississippi to drive the wheel will be a big saving in both time and bach(!)ache.

You will notice that the picture is of a L.Jung motor....I expect that he was Walt's father!:D:D

EDIT: I just hope that you are not offended by the idea of a belt drive!;)

Glad that the pooch is well again.:)

Iz that chap actually astride that belt getting something scratched??? :D:D:D

I rather like the the idler wheels - but a belt drive that is properly designed has merit. I will most likely knock up a version of each - as long as I can put some proper tensioning devices to the belt drive thingy....

Ducati fan's should be more than familiar with the concept...:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Belt tension - Ducati.JPG
    Belt tension - Ducati.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
I didn't know Ducati made lawnmowers. :D

I'll have you know that I have a Canadian made :) Husquavarna grass cutter with a US :) Briggs and Stratton petrol engine! It was 30% of the price of a Honda cutter and is as tough as old boots. Only problem is I need a pair of new front wheels for it as they have worn out and now slip badly! Naturally the importer does not stock spares!!:mad:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
It was 30% of the price of a Honda cutter and is as tough as old boots. Only problem is I need a pair of new front wheels for it as they have worn out and now slip badly! :mad:

Well - az we say here in the Southern Colonies - ya'll need to slide inta doz corners juz a little bit easier!!!! Try the outside line up near da wall....:D:D:D

Note - I put up an old photo so you would be able to recognize what automobile racing looked like back in your time in hope that you would be able to remember it...... :rolleyes:

Jacco - I thought that you would have gotten a bit excited about that chap astride the belt.....

Attachments

• Stock Car Racing at the Rubber Bowl, late 1950s.JPG
    Stock Car Racing at the Rubber Bowl, late 1950s.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Well - az we say here in the Southern Colonies - ya'll need to slide inta doz corners juz a little bit easier!!!! Try the outside line up near da wall....:D:D:D

Note - I put up an old photo so you would be able to recognize what automobile racing looked like back in your time in hope that you would be able to remember it...... :rolleyes:

Jacco - I thought that you would have gotten a bit excited about that chap astride the belt.....

Looks like the bloody stone age.
I didn't know they had cars back then.
:rofl: