The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Damn! Thats humbling. If everybodyb was that dedicated to what they did, the world would be a much better place.

Very beautiful and oozing with tradition that goes back farther than I can imagine. I can almost hear a Sanshin playing in the background as I look at the photo's and read the story..... Sanshin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Say Watt ?
Zero embarrassing close-up pics of bald heads and hairy speakers ?

(not even of Panoo bummed in an alley Loo)

I'm wait'n for Scott ta wake up and dump the photo's offa hiz phone. I don't know if he took any shot's of the guys are not. Most of us are used to covering our heads up with anything near when a camera comes out...:rolleyes:

I'm not sure - but this might be one of Michael here - I think he is the one in front....

Attachments

• perp_walk.jpg
    perp_walk.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
OK. The photo is absolutely crap.
Still a lot more work to do but at least I got things happening

Hmmmm - need sum clues - 'cause I'ma dummy.... Looks like a cutout for 1 inch tweeter and maybe some twin 8 inch mid woofers..... I seem to remember ya talking about a woofer trick you were thinking about playing around with by staggering the XO - :D:D:D

OK - keep them coming - I'm liking it. BTW - remember - ya gotta build TWO of 'em!!!! And ya gotta put the drivers and stuff in 'em too - they work a lot better when ya remember to do that stuff. Don't ask me how I know that..... :rolleyes:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
No, that one looks like Al Stanford (T minus 11 days till slammer time)

I don't remember meeting Al - but he might have been using a different name.... :D:D:D

Guess I'm gonna have to do sum surfing and find out who "Al" is. Knowing you I'm betting that it haz something to do with melons and rubber underwear..... :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm - I did find sum stuff on "Allen" Stanford in Houston Tx. I didn't know that you knew him on a 1st name basis tho Jacco...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_Stanford

Last edited:
Hmmmm - need sum clues - 'cause I'ma dummy.... Looks like a cutout for 1 inch tweeter and maybe some twin 8 inch mid woofers..... I seem to remember ya talking about a woofer trick you were thinking about playing around with by staggering the XO - :D:D:D
This is one of three speaker projects.
The third project will allow me to experiment with 5 different possibilities in open baffle.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
That marantz turntable looks bloody nice

It is a nice one - he just updated it with a new Grado Cart that he won't even tell me how much it cost 'cause he's afraid that I'll spill the beans to his wifey..... Although I must say that she is just as big an audio nut as David is and fully (well - pretty much) supports his addiction to audio toys.

To the right of the TT you can see his new transformers that he's using as signal boost into the preamp(s) We were able to A-B the TT with a McIntosh 245 via a C22 pre and then switch over to a pair of QuickSilverAudio KT88 mono blocks driven by QuickSilverAudio - full function preamp. Both systems were very - very nice, and a pleasure to listen to.:cool::cool::cool: