The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
An EVO?

Be a real man and get an STI....heh

The EVO wuz just for Jacco's benefit :D:D:D

I haven't seen him around much today and suspect that he may be trapped in one of the local "coffee houses" - and not necessarily drinking the coffee............

Ahhhhhhhhhhh - there he is now!!! Snuck in while I wuz typing.....

Hey Jacco - is that little Honda 2 door one of yours????

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
somehow I can find connection of Jacco to (any) other -job ............. not paint-job

Attachments

• buehehe.gif
    buehehe.gif
    33.3 KB · Views: 82
Joined 2006
Paid Member
What is a ALFAS?

Alfa Romeo = Ital maker of auto's - some of which are considered classics and some which are considered to be left over parts looking for a scrap yard to occupy space in.

Despite the less that sterling reputation for quality control and being rather famous for quirky designs they often displayed some rather innovative and respected engineering. In the States I would compare them to some of the Classic Studebakers such as the "Golden Hawk" or Avanti

Attachments

• Alfa_Romeo_Giulietta_SZ.JPG
    Alfa_Romeo_Giulietta_SZ.JPG
    301.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 1957-studebaker-golden-hawk-dsf.jpg
    1957-studebaker-golden-hawk-dsf.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Studebaker-Avanti.jpg
    Studebaker-Avanti.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Sadly ours is still 18 y/o - sigh. Actually she is a nice young lady and working hard on getting started in life. She has been dealt a bad hand to play in the game of life and my wife and I are helping with turning that around and things are going very well. Well - today they are going pretty well :rolleyes:

The thing is that she will know that you really care...and that is most of the job done....certainly the most important part.

My Uncle Buddy would rebuild Alfa's as a hobby - he loved the engineering on 'em. My he rest in peace...And I'll bet that he never reversed one with the handbrake partly engaged!! 2 hour job unwinding the HB cables from around the discs at the rear. BUT the engines were realllly sweet

I need to get me one of these just for sport.... I think that this one might have been owned by Jacco tho - given the paint job color : Looks like a Moscow Western suburbs "meat rack special"!:no:.;););)

Tanks I fell so much beter now:D

I am not allowed to get the EVO as girlfriend said I am to old to go around like boy racer.
(I will never understand women)

The Scuby STI was out for same reason as it had big thing at the back.

I tried a nice Scuby 2000 reg with prodrive (245 HP) and 42k miles and it was really nice but what the point of getting older car than one I have already..

So I ended up with red car instead

No is not an Alfa although I got it from Alfa dealer 4 Miles away

I would have liked an Alfa but no 159 at right price and right engine this week
So stuck with red one besides It is a bit doggy to get Alfa in UK they do not have the right kind of duck tape to keep them going over here

Funny seeing reps trying to give me price for the VR4 there is not a single one
(That has manual gear box and official UK and leather) out there at present.

I am sorry to see that go but got tired with having to pay for parts and 20 miles to the gallon was really a bit to much.

I get red one tomorow big eye sore on my drive and most probably it will be kejed in by friendly neiborhs by Sunday

Joined 2006
Paid Member
The thing is that she will know that you really care...and that is most of the job done....certainly the most important part.

And I'll bet that he never reversed one with the handbrake partly engaged!! BUT the engines were realllly sweet

Looks like a Moscow Western suburbs "meat rack special"!:no:.;););)

Ta for that brianco!!! :D:D:D

I'm not sure about the handbrake. I would visit him whenever I could when he lived in Houston Texas and was an Mechanical Engineer working for NASA. His team designed the Lunar Excursion Module and the Lunar Rover back in the Moon Shot days and I always accused him of hiding an Alfa logo on the Rover. He never denied it. He would always have one of the more classic sports cars in some stage of restoration in the garage. When he restored them he took them down to the bit piece part - everything - every last part was gone over with a labor of love. His fondness was with the engines and drive train and suspension - I think the rest of the car was around just to have something to bolt those parts to. These many years after his passing I really wish that I had one of his "babies" around just for memories sake. He was a mechanic that worked his way through university (Texas A&M) in a garage fixing cars and thus an engineer with grease under his fingernails!!!! Those of course are the best kind of engineers IMO!!! :D:D:D

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Tanks I fell so much beter now:D

I am not allowed to get the EVO as girlfriend said I am to old to go around like boy racer.
(I will never understand women)

Never gonna happen!!! :no:

The Scuby STI was out for same reason as it had big thing at the back.

I tried a nice Scuby 2000 reg with prodrive (245 HP) and 42k miles and it was really nice but what the point of getting older car than one I have already..

So I ended up with red car instead

No is not an Alfa although I got it from Alfa dealer 4 Miles away

I would have liked an Alfa but no 159 at right price and right engine this week
So stuck with red one besides It is a bit doggy to get Alfa in UK they do not have the right kind of duck tape to keep them going over here
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Next time look for "duct" tape. In the mean time feel free to join me over at the dummies table in the corner of Pass Pub.

Funny seeing reps trying to give me price for the VR4 there is not a single one
(That has manual gear box and official UK and leather) out there at present.

I am sorry to see that go but got tired with having to pay for parts and 20 miles to the gallon was really a bit to much.

I get red one tomorow big eye sore on my drive and most probably it will be kejed in by friendly neiborhs by Sunday

Sooooooo - what is this "red one" - or are ya gonna keep us guessing? :confused:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Sir Lancelot used duct tape when once in a hurry to go and fight.....he got home eventually, removed the tape only to find that it had healed.;)

No took kit should be without it. BTW - I did check and "duck" tape works as well for being the same thing. We also call it gaffers tape and gappers tape. Anyway you spell it - it's great stuff!!!! :D:D:D

Attachments

• Duct tape mummy.jpg
    Duct tape mummy.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 67
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Is just a red car noting to brag about (unlike VR4 or even any Alfa)
the best car I could find in a week close by and it has 5 seats and no big thing in the back (spoiler) as she wanted.

I post picture of it tomorow once is in my drive (silly to do that before)

Ahhhhhh - well congratulations on the new wheels!!!! Now - did SWMBO think to put any limits on just what you can do to "improve" said auto once it is home???? ;)

We could start an entire new thread on that!!! And as long as we don't put up any photo's about spanking it might hang around for awhile. There ARE quite a few good ideas around about what a proper car audio systems is. Unfortunately most of them tend to sacrifice the rear seats and boot for speakers and amplifiers. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• car-audio-system-368-OBRAZKY.PL.jpg
    car-audio-system-368-OBRAZKY.PL.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 66
Last edited: