The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
:eek: I didn't even know that there was a "real" Jethro tull (17th century)

So all you could drag out of me is ... nothing :rofl:

Manu

Which - of course - is a very different thing from riding around onna horse while dressed in drag........... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Speaking of which - SWMBO is sending up smoke signals. I go - "honey - is something bothering you today?" Answer: "Oh - it's nothing that you can do anything about - don't worry about it?.

I'm looking for a fast pony outta here!!!! :eek:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
C2C- you can't pay for a gift. Back to the table :joker:

Pinging DarkStar 52 - Howie - I sent you a PM via diyAudio message thingy but I cannot see a copy of the message in my "sent" box so I'm not sure you got it. You know I'm old school, and sometimes using the old "33" and the punched tape reader that's plugged into the 20mA current loop sorta gets jammed up if I type things out faster than 300 baud.

It's a great sounding machine when it's running right - it sorta goes "chuga-chuga-chuga" and then makes a "ding" bell sound when it hits the end of the page and does a line feed......

I'll give you a clue for free about using things like the "33". Don't put your coffee cup on top of the machine. When it does the line feed carriage return cycle that print head weighs a couple of pounds (say a kilo) and when it returns it shakes the hell outta da thing and will knock the cuppa coffee over. Then my brain cells sloooo-oooo-oo-o-w down due to lack of stimuli.....

Hey - coffee is kick'n in - and both of my brain cells are wearing kilts today!!:D

Attachments

• ASR-33 Teletype.jpg
    ASR-33 Teletype.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
amplifiers ?

who need ampllifiers ?

I already have entire orchestra in my head

So - is that a head banging orchestra?;)
And then there is something that needs to be smoking if the amplifiers aren't. Perhaps you are listening to sum smok'n muzak?
Perhaps you are smoking while listening to da band?
I have plenty of spare room in my head for muzak band - with only two brain cells up there I have lot's of space left over....:D:D:D

BIG SMOOCH TO YA ZM!! :hug:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I think everyone in USA is getting busy for Thanksgiving Holiday soooooo most likely gone to relatives houses to make fat overeating pest outta themselves.

Both of my little brain cells wish EVERYONE a happy day of being with family and telling old stories for the 49th time - watching American football (not any of that imported stuff) onna big screen HDTV - and falling asleep in the chair (me). :D:D:D

Here is a link to a nice video about it: charlie brown thanksgiving - YouTube

Attachments

• Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Photo.gif
    Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Photo.gif
    77.7 KB · Views: 105