The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
AAUUUGGGHHHH!!!!!! EL-PIPEO has been breeding!!!!:eek::eek::D

Group of Church Organ Speaker Pipes--Pipe Speakers!! | eBay

Pretty good price - $200 for the set - buuuuuut da shipping is $250. Considering the size of the speakers the price for shipping isn't tooooo bad.
The look on SWMBO'ed face when they show up at the door - priceless.

OTOH - better check into the current price for tent's and cot's - cuz I'd be sleeping with the speakers in da back yard!!!! :eek:

Wrong side of the country for me. I'm in Vermont, be a bit of a trip for a local pickup. Oh well. Perhaps there's a crazy from this site that is in the area and might be interested. Besides, I have pieces of Sonotube and a piece of Schedule 40 PVC waiting for my own version. These along with many other parts!

Peace,

Dave

Joined 2006
Paid Member
SonoTube - I do SonoTube!!!!

Attachments

• 2 Mambonied Pioneers 1 Heil and a bunch of SonoTube small px.jpg
    2 Mambonied Pioneers 1 Heil and a bunch of SonoTube small px.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 175
  • Walsh5 Remake Dec 2010.jpg
    Walsh5 Remake Dec 2010.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 162
SonoTube - I do SonoTube!!!!

When I first read this, it was in the email saying that a post was made, thus no pictures. Without the pictures, it just didn't sound quite right.:eek::eek:

Glad that when I logged in you had pics.

Interesting setup by the way. I have a few pieces of Sonotube in the rafters in a friends lean-to off his barn. And the Schedule 40 is in my backyard. I plan on using the 8" Schedule 40 as an El-PipeO junior, tuned to 40 Hz. The Sonotubes will probably be a more normal size, since they aren't long enough for even a 40 Hz transmission line tuning. Gonna have to check the diameter, they may work for the Shivas!

Peace,

Dave

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Interesting setup by the way. I have a few pieces of Sonotube in the rafters in a friends lean-to off his barn. And the Schedule 40 is in my backyard. I plan on using the 8" Schedule 40 as an El-PipeO junior, tuned to 40 Hz.
Dave

When you get going I can send you a buncha photo's on my construction via PM - if it will be of any help.

Ooooooooof course there are those that would suggest that you take a look at what I did - and do it exactly the opposite wayyyyyyy...... :rolleyes:

Hope the job outlook is getting better up there!!!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Man - O - Man - - - sometimes I feel even dumber than normal dumb. Today's word is Chindogu and it relates to the Japanese art (?) of creating completely useless inventions. :D:D:D

What in the hell have I been thinking - and how could I have missed this development??? Wellllllllllll - after all I am pretty dumb - but having missed the development of Chindogu I'm feeling really - really - really behind the power curve here. Sorta like finding out about the invention of vacuum tubz and that you can make an amplifier with 'em. :rolleyes:

The possible applications for this when combined with "audio improvement devices" (gold plated - cryo treated - speaker spikes etc.) is simply tooooo much to contemplate and has me rolling in da floor dreaming up new BS stuff that is - (drum roll please) COMPLETELY USELESS!!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yahoo! News: Odd news, offbeat news and weird happenings

Joined 2006
Paid Member
It seems that nooooooo one is awake around here:sleep: Perhaps the result of drinking to much bong water. :D

Perhaps still watching Chindogu video and trying to dream something up. :eek:

Could it be that folks are actually maybe building stuff (audio of course)????

Hmmmmmm - getting ready to depart planet due to impending rapture???:xfingers:

Nah - drink a cuppa coffee - take an aspirin (or however the Brit's spell it) for your fuzzy head - open da windows and breathe some fresh air. I'm getting bored - and ya know what can happen when dumb children get bored!!!:eek: