The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Choky is quiet tonight. He is probably watching ESC. Sorry to say it, but not even my Colburn/Pass amp config could save this performance. :clown:

Attachments

• 1FF7EDD2-BD43-4B31-9894-193200ED0585.jpg
    1FF7EDD2-BD43-4B31-9894-193200ED0585.jpg
    825.1 KB · Views: 171
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Choky is quiet tonight. He is probably watching ESC. Sorry to say it, but not even my Colburn/Pass amp config could save this performance. :clown:

Choky had a little nap

finished reading book of Ursula LeGuin interviews, got an idea to read all she wrote again, this time on Eknglish ( not translated to my, as first time(s))

so, A Wizard of Earthsea

watched maybe 2 movies in more than a year, binged one TV Series in same time, but can't remember any of these

reason - Ebook reader thingie

:)

edit : that what you show on TV Screen is ........ reason to turn off not just TV, that's the reason to wipe out entire race
I hate stupidity

ESC is musically a fine example of the decline of Man.

Reading. Gotta get a grip on myself, basically all I do besides work and family and physical self maintenance is DIY.

Regarding stupidity, it can sometimes be amuzing to binge in. But most of the time not. I am suffering my way through ESC to please the missus. Should provide proper cred for DIY other nights.

Last edited:
I know what you mean when you compare to STAX, but I think all panel speaker have that specialness, some more than others.
Quad ESLs are lovely, they have a wonderful mid; 'two pair Quad ESLs' do you have them stacked or in v formation?
I fell in love with the Apogee Stage's when I header them back in 1990, took me a decade or two to get my hands on some :D

My UGS UP has been and gone, I enjoyed it while I had it, I used the FE as a pre, then made a HUGS from it, I eventually donated it to a friend when I built Alice & Frank (home brew), Alice is similar to the HPA1, Frank is Alice driving some pucks.