The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Cone of shame.JPG

OMG!

In our neighborhood I'm seeing neighbors walking around I've never seen because they're usually at work. I wish it was under different circumstances so I could go out and talk to them! Weird times we're living through.

I'm cooking short ribs tonight that required 750ml of Cabernet Sauvignon to reduce. They should be tasty for that reason alone. :)

I also told my wife we're going to start drinking our best wines I've been holding for special occasions. I told her I hated the idea of kicking the bucket without having enjoyed them! Tonight it's a 1994 Far Niente Cabernet Sauvignon from Oakville. Later, I'll give you a full report. :D

Last edited:
Jacco Vermeulen:

The IP locator puts him in Amsterdam New-West. There are 72 Vermeulens in Amsterdam with telephones. There are about a dozen in and around his area. Most of those are not J or Jacco as there is no guarantee the phone is under his name.

You can see why this is rather difficult to narrow down.

Anyone have any other info like an address or anything?

Back when I lived in CA I used to hang out in the vintage racing scene. Gil Nickel (owner of Far Niente) used to run a Lotus 26R, and throw the odd party at the track. Needless to say, the wine was always good. ;)

I never had the pleasure of meeting Gil. I wish I had. Beth however, is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet! I'm not sure what happened to the Lotus. His son now has his Surtees TS10, 1972 F2 championship car, and last I heard, races occasionally at Sears Point.

BTW, the 1994 was delicious!