The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Gyuri,
It is not horrible to have thoughts like this. Do you think you are the first? In the past few years I am wondering how many of the speaker projects I have on the board are going to see the light. I don't mean dreams, I mean components I have on hand. Am I sad? No, I have enjoyed every minute (minus a couple) of this hobby of ours. I am too old to make all my dreams come true but I am happy with the ones I have and when my leftovers are passed on to someone else, I hope they have a similar enthusiasm I have had all these years.
Now, it is early afternoon on a Saturday but I say what the heck, maybe it's time for a beer.
Cheers again Gyuri, let's have one together.

Joined 2016
Paid Member
:cheers:
Gyuri,
It is not horrible to have thoughts like this. Do you think you are the first? In the past few years I am wondering how many of the speaker projects I have on the board are going to see the light. I don't mean dreams, I mean components I have on hand. Am I sad? No, I have enjoyed every minute (minus a couple) of this hobby of ours. I am too old to make all my dreams come true but I am happy with the ones I have and when my leftovers are passed on to someone else, I hope they have a similar enthusiasm I have had all these years.
Now, it is early afternoon on a Saturday but I say what the heck, maybe it's time for a beer.
Cheers again Gyuri, let's have one together.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
that's some smart guy ...... :clown:

I'm just contemplating, while idling here and there (right now finished with lunch, so resting a little prior going back to workshop) ...... not that I need another project , besides all these in pipeline ....... :rofl:

btw. it was aa brainfart , as usual

exact type is SJEP170R550 .......... not SJEP120 , as I wrote up

Attachments

• DS_SJEP170R550_rev1.3.pdf
    171.6 KB · Views: 43
Well - following 2 months of Morphine and steroids I have had a few vertigo attacks. One on Saturday caused me to suddenly find myself on the kitchen floor! So I am back on the Morphine again whilst 2 ribs repair...x1 cracked, x1 broken....:mad::mad::mad:

Having to sleep in an armchair...oh isn't life great though! :rolleyes:

Everything back on hold! :bored:

Brian, Brian, Brian.

I have found that as I age, when I fall, I don't bounce back up right away. I look around to see what I could be doing while I'm down there. Positive thnking.

Hope you mend thyself, can't go fishing in that kinda shape.

Let me cheer you up:

I missed my birthday, my brother's birthday, Christmas, New years and a neighbours birthday all because of the nastiest cold I've ever had.

Then on January 16 I fell. I now have two fingers that don't work, and a neck that won't turn, making it hard to drive. I have a hematoma on the side of my head and I re-injured my dislocated shoulder, setting me back a number of months.

January 17 comes along and we get word my FIL has passed away after a lengthy illness in hospital. Walking to the car I stepped on some black ice and slammed my kneecap into the pavement. Three days later the knee was hurting so bad, it left me chair bound. I was in the chair for a further three days before getting to the doctor who told me that trauma to the knee had caused a gout attack.

I woke up Superbowl Sunday morning to that little devil near the base of my spine, that's bothered me for years.

The good news? My inversion table arrived today, it was easy to set up and with the first 5 minute session has proven itself admirably.

You know what? I'm heading down to the corner to grab me a mickey of rum. I am going to sit and drink till I can't drink anymore and I'll find out what kind of man I am. Do it right and I'll be counting my lucky stars that the abad things are temporary and already I'm feeling a little better, or I'll start feeling sorry for myself and put myself in a bad mood.

I'll get back to you how it went. In the meantime, keep your chin up old boy, the Mrs. is going to need you on the tennis court soon enough.

Cheers.

You are a sorry bunch of old persons

I wish I could share your young sentiment. I am a mere 57 but feel twice that some days. Genetically I am at risk for many things and physically, I took too many chances when younger and those are haunting me now. I am very happy you can feel young at 60. I felt old at 45.

Mentally on the other hand, I am still a teen.