The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
OK - time out for a dachshund break.....:D:D:D

Attachments

• L-D-1.jpg
    L-D-1.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 112
But do you get tired of your chopped lecsòfasz-ination ?

I've got tired of life.

Afaig, lecsò can be as universal as butter.

Yes, it is.

(agenda note : ask the g/f if she would like some курац, dipped in lecsò)

May be she would like it, but I don't.
It was too spicey to dipping my курац in it.

Coraggio of course

Toldya English is just collection of misspelled words

One can put an Habanero chilly in the Lecso couple or 6 spring tatters and same zafferano

One has and it does work pretty well whit tuna steaks

Coraggio is an Habanero chilly in your Lecso
Stupidity is to touch your man veg after handling Habanero chilly

I would like to tell you, when I was young, in the damned communist era, with my mother and with my older brother, we were at High Tatras, almost all of the summers of every year.
Despite the fact, we wasn't so rich.
How was this possible?
We didn't eat anything, but lecsó.
It was cheap at the time.
Nowadays it would be a financial bankruptcy.
So we can not travel anywhere.
We are glad if we have at least some lecsó.
Even now, my favourite food is lecsó.
It is so simple, versatile and tasty, I can able to eat it for breakfast, dinner and supper or if I just hungry.

I've been living with my Klipsch pre-birthday presents mentioned back on Jul 19 (real b-day not until later this month). These have a couple of 8" in front, a passive radiator on the back, and a horn-loaded mid-tweet. They're out from the walls, so not a lot of bass extension, but I'm getting a lot of resonances/hornish shoutiness in the midrange that can make some vocals hard on the ears. Some notes on the harpsichord also will resonate (this may be acoustic feedback to the TT, not far away). I have an Abagail Washburn CD that is a good test for shouty speakers. Nasty fullrangers and shouty horns will make her vocals ear-piercing in places. The tri-trix speakers I was using before this didn't have those issues.

I'm inclined to start taking things apart to make sure there are no dried-out crossover caps and spider webs in odd places, as these are old speakers that have sat around a while. Adding some damping to my TT plinth and feet wouldn't hurt, either.

On the other hand, I'm very happy with my current TT preamp, as I can't hear anything until i put my head right next to the speaker (shouty as they are), and that's with the preamp cover off, so shielding is not optimal.