The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Doing the floor on Fladen. Takes alot of Jameson.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    698 KB · Views: 126
Not exactly sure in which thread this belongs, but I found a report on Mono and Stereo that FirstWatt is being absorbed into Pass Labs.

See here.

Had I known there was such a shortage of amp building labor, I might have offered to lend an iron... Of course, this is the only place I see this message, so maybe it is not true?

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Not exactly sure in which thread this belongs, but I found a report on Mono and Stereo that FirstWatt is being absorbed into Pass Labs.

See here.

Had I known there was such a shortage of amp building labor, I might have offered to lend an iron... Of course, this is the only place I see this message, so maybe it is not true?

Running a business in California makes things even more difficult because of all of the regulations for hazardous material and VOC emissions from things such as paint and adhesives etc. plus the tax structure. California is not nearly as "business friendly" as many other places. Just one of the reasons that I bailed out of there back in 2006 was because of the small business environment. Reno Nevada is just up freeway I-80 about an hour and it's a lot cheaper to operate there and with a university and labor force available. What concerns me the most is who will able to keep Pass Labs running after Papa decides to hang up the soldering iron? Well- time will tell.