The Objective2 (O2) Headphone Amp DIY Project

I have the same model, the 936 is quite alright but it is really essential to keep the tip clean and freshly tinned, as with every iron I suppose. There is temperature control, albeit via an analog dial, and I can hardly tell whether that is all too accurate. Over time I got used to various settings depending on the task at hand.

There is a newer model with digital temperature control. Those have a reputation of tighter regulation, i.e. once you touch a large mass of copper with the tip it will quickly react, whereas the analog counterparts have a much larger temperature drop before they turn the heat back on. One is easily tempted to dial in a higher temperature, which is not always too healthy for the more sensitive parts involved. For casual use and ordinary PCB work though, the 936 is really good value and leaves not much to be desired.

Kind regards,
Chris

Thanks, I follow you reasoning. Best wishes and do share if all works out well.

Thanks! First step would be to gather component footprints and exact board dimensions of the existing O2 project if RocketScientist or anyone else has them and start to modify and add new footprints for an SMT version. After that, I can simply re-create the schematic and annotate it into a PCB project using Altium's software.

I looks like it's for the Box Enclosures item that is the 'stock' enclosure.

Yup what he said - I will edit the listing details to clarify this fact - thanks for bringing that up.

Also if anyone is wondering why I posted this on Indiegogo -> I tried posting it up on Kickstarter first but was rejected with no explanation.

Last edited:
Hey guys

I'm onto my second O2 and have got a few problems, ran the tests as per the instructions from RocketScientist.

Ok, all is well and fine until I check the Dc voltage at the output ( P2 ) and am getting 11.3v on each channel????

Any thoughts whould be welcomed

Cheers

Solder bridge? That would be my first thought, never had one with that much DC voltage on the outputs, even with a bust MOSFET...

Stefan

Hey guys

I'm onto my second O2 and have got a few problems, ran the tests as per the instructions from RocketScientist.

Ok, all is well and fine until I check the Dc voltage at the output ( P2 ) and am getting 11.3v on each channel????

Any thoughts whould be welcomed

Cheers

I got the same problem with 11.3v DC on P2 and i replace the Q2 and it fix the problem.
Thanks for the parts swalter. :cheers: