• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The news D-Amp DLS3000....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
fredos said:
2U is not competition for me! :)

From now, only power soft can produce what I'm doing, but unfortunately, here in Montreal area, they really dont have the quote...It seem that they have a lot of thermal issue when used in club for long term at high power...

Fredos

IU is not that hard to design for these guys anyways....;)

Powersoft has established himself in America and their new President is Mr.John Lee.....He is the former owner of Crest Audio..who started it from scratch.....now a living legend...

The power ratings of their amps are real or just fake? I think you must have tested one of them on your bench surely...

fredos said:
2U is not competition for me! :)

From now, only power soft can produce what I'm doing, but unfortunately, here in Montreal area, they really dont have the quote...It seem that they have a lot of thermal issue when used in club for long term at high power...

Fredos

WOW, you are king of class D power! (remember: little change with the same part count in the feedback network, could improve THD in 2 times) :cool:

Yeah, I know, but at this power, stability and reliability is more important for me! 1% THD or 0.1% THD at 6Kw do not matter...Your ears are already saturated! And anyway, THD is gived at maximum output, much lower without clipping, that as for now people did'nt reach to many time in a night at this power! They are always scared to burn their speakers!

We just have done Danny Tenaglia at Parking night club last night..He have a reputation to always overdrive sound system...But last night, clipping on sub and low mid have only flickle few time in all night...We have provide 2X 12K HVI for sub, a 8000HVI for low mid, a 8000HVI for hi mid and a 4000HVI for horn. It was over 1500 peoples in the room, and sound was f*&king loud and clear....Every body their was impressed!

http://www.rave.ca/?s=member_gallery_images&u=D-Amp

Fredos

WorkHorse...Yeah I got a PowerSoft under hand...Q4004, rated at 1000 watts per channel into 4 ohms...I got nearly 600 watts per channel for less than 1 minute, after that, power limiter bring power down to 280 watts, and amplifier shutdown in thermal protection after 15 minutes...Already try it live in stage monitoring, was very hot after 3 hours of show, but did'nt go into thermal cutoff...I will never try these as FOH or main PA amplifier, for sure, show will shutdown! Construction is very good, sound is agressive, generate a LOT of heat, bass is lean....Maybe their hight power series are better....

Fredos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.