The importance of proper setup and vibrations control

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Re: Re: SIGH...

grataku said:
there exist places called libraries (or lybaries as G.W. would call them). They are places where one can look for and read books without buying. You can sneak into university libraries even if you are not a student (except Harvard which is a real pain in the *** about it) and pretty much read whatever you wish.

Certainly. And I've spent a lot of hours at a lot of libraries over the years doing research.

But that's not the point.

First, the claims made were Frank's. Not mine. The onus is on the person making the claim to substantiate said claim with some evidence. To say "go read a book" is little more than an obfuscation (and now I understand why he'd been obfuscating and refusing to discuss any actual physics).

Why should I go off on what might well be a wild goose chase just because someone mentions the title of a book? Why couldn't he simply quote a relevant portion of the book? Well, of course it's because he doesn't even own any of the books himself.

If I thought there was a reasonable chance that any of the books cited might have something in them to substantiate Frank's claims, I'd have put some effort into checking them out.

But from the start Frank gave me the impression that he was just trying to bluff his way out. And you'll excuse me if I haven't much inclination to put much effort into attempting to verify the claims made by someone who pretends to understand what they're talking about, that they'd have a field day discussing physics, but in the end can do no more than parrot marketing literature.

And to make things worse, marketing literature from folks who barely have only half a clue what they're talking about and how their own products actually function.

se

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.