The HLLY TAMP-20 : TA2020 tryout

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Very Glad that some people like the T-class amplifier from HLLY

hllyelec said:
Very Glad that some people like the T-class amplifier from HLLY!

We will try our best to make more wonferful T-class amplifier, Actually these are half digital amplifiers, we will design a whole digital Amplifier in later 2009, will adopt DDX2001 chip!

HLLY Electronics

:D Great. It is extremely good news.

Neomatth said:
Saturnus> You think so ? It's the same chipset, the difference should be....minimum ? No ?

I fear you put too much importance in chip version and too little in board layout, quality of components, how the amp is configured (how low does the rumble filter cut etc.).

Nice review and nice that you took the time to write and share (I too am a T-amp nut :D), but as you say you don't know much about components which in my oppinion is equal, if not more important, than the chip type in this case.

Hlly

I wanted to follow up on my experience with Hlly. They were very responsive in refunding my money on the T-20 and they were very straighforward.

I wound up buying a t-90 instead of a t-20. I'm actually considering picking up a t-20 board for my office system since my Sonic Super T just had a problem.

So far the t-90 with the newer boards has no noise issue at all. It's a little darker than the t-20 or the Sonic Impacts, but that may be because the lower octaves are so much better. I need to give it some time to break, but it's pretty promising for those of us who want more power and don't necessarily want to build our own.

I"ll do a more complete review once it breaks in.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.