The Greater Ottawa and Environs DIY Audio 2016 Get together.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Mark the date: Saturday 9 April

:wave2: :wave2: :wave2: 2016 Ottawa DIY Audio Gathering :wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

All DIYers are invited to this event. There will be a range of gear and music to listen to in a casual atmosphere.

Where:
At the General Burns Park and Community Centre
107 Chesterton Drive (86 Argue Drive)
This is east of Merivale Road, and south of Meadowlands Drive

When: Saturday 9 April from 9:30 am to 8 pm or so

Schedule to be announced in ten days or so.

Brown bag lunch (there is a fridge to keep food and beverages cold).

Pizza or Subway sandwich dinner.

How much: A small fee to cover rental of the room. This is a not-for-profit event.

Parking is free and close by.

Who will be there: Old timers and new comers. Feel free to drop by.

Justin (jjrh88) created a Google group for signing up equipment and talks.

Many thanks to the team (Justin, John, Mark, Dave et al) for doing the heavy lifting that makes this event possible.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon. Till then, happy building and listening!

Pierre

Pierre, thanks for securing the hall!

If you have any DIY gear to present, a talk to give, or a talk to request, please don't forget to sign it up on the diyaudio_Ottawa google group sign up sheet on-line (contact Justin or myself, we can set you up). This helps us keep it informal but organized just enough to make sure everyone has a chance to showcase their swag.

No one's requested measurements, so that looks like it won't be happening this year.

We still need to cobble together two baseline systems, still time for that. Loving the later date this year. :)

Dave

Thanks to Pierre, Dave, and the rest - good to know that it's a Go!

Of course, I plan to be there. Now that we know the date (April 9), I'll have to report that unfortunately, Wolfgang will probably not be able to attend (work). In the past, I've brought a couple of other guys, but I suspect they'll be unable to come this year... so I guess I'll have to search for some new conscripts.

See you there.
- Ron

Well gents. Less than a month to go.

And we need to get the word out.

So everyone that knows of people that have attended in the past drop them a line and send them the information.

Dave has done a lot of work setting up a google groups spreadsheet. And Justin has done a great job in managing it.

So simple guidelines.

Other than a source (CD player, record player DAC), if you built it bring it. If you didn't build it leave it at home!

Headphones of any kind welcome as are headphone amps.

Nothing has to be fancy.

Yes the king of last minute finishing has spoken!

And feel free to contact Justin (jjrh88) and setup yourself on the google groups spreadsheet.

So simple guidelines.

Other than a source (CD player, record player DAC), if you built it bring it. If you didn't build it leave it at home!

/QUOTE]

So you'd like me to bring just my speakers Mark ?

Grant.

And here I start making trouble.

Grant you are bringing a system.

Bring it all.

Amps that are part of a system and associated EQ or crossovers are OK.

I shouldn't have made such a simple hard and fast type of rule.

We are primarily trying to focus on DIY equipment. Of the type that is a bit of a show case. Your build efforts. The work involved in a kit. stuff like that. We have had a few years where we listened to great equipment. And a year where there was stuff from the 70's that sounded the same way it did in the 70's. I guess proof that there has been significant progress in the reproduction of sound.

But not many of us have everything DIY.

So again. If you are involved in bringing a system. Bring your system. Speakers, sources amplification and any other tailored bits and bobs.

There is a signup sheet available through jjrh88.

PM Justin and get set up so we know what is coming.

A little organization can go a long way in this becoming a very enjoyable event.

Hi
A friend and I would like to attend. Don't have any DIY projects going at the moment except house renovations:>), would just like to attend. Anywhere to sign up just for that?
Thanks
Andrew

You are most welcome to attend.

We don't bite.

;)

Justin (jjrh88) is the fellow that looks after the signup sheet.

Sent him a pm and he will take care of it.

This will allow us to set you up.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.