The Greater Ottawa and Environs DIY Audio 2016 Get together.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mark they might sound a bit better if you used organic free range chipboard from old growth forests.

Now why didn't I think of that?

I already have some organic free range chickens. Almost half way there.

NOw to make sure that I only use north facing trees, that will point the soundwaves in the right direction towards the ceiling.

BTW, if you're interested, it'd be neat to trade DACs for a few weeks. Mine doesn't have a HD driver so that may be a limitation. But I think it'll create a great opportunity to baseline both designs then go back to other version. Best way to tell pros/cons

I'm down with that. Just give me a bit to increase the output level and make up some differential cables for you to take advantage of. I have to order the Neutrik connectors from Mouser, which isn't as fast as Digikey.

The one that grow on the Northern sides should have denser structure - makes for stiffer, better enclosures, I guess.
BTW Mark, did lifting of the ground affected the low end a lot. I wasn't at beginning of Get Together when you and Adam were setting them up, so I might have missed something.
I remember from having Audio Concept 3ways in the past, that the woofer-ground coupling played a big difference and lifting them 7-10 cm changed the low end and lower mids a lot.

95% ham radio stuff. I picked up a used HP 608E RF generator marked down from $140 to $25. It has 15 tubes inside many are good for audio. Unfortunately it was a newer model and some of the features were replaced with transistors. Shame!

tubes inside are 6AU6 X2, 6AS7 X2, 6AH6 X2, 12AT7 X2, 12AU7 X2, 8010 X1, 6U8 X1, 4042 X1, 4043 X1, 6AL5 X1.

I got a call 2 days ago from the hamfest guys and they said I won a door prize. In today's mail was a $100 gift card for Radio World.

The hamfest is in Carp every year on the Saturday following labour day. I have lived in Carp for 26 years and I never heard of it before. Go figure.

Well I have something to post that I really do not want to be doing.

We all enjoyed fellowship with Tyler Elliot, Redshift187 .

I'm sad our friend has passed away.

Obituary of Tyler Elliott | Welcome to Boyce Funeral Home located i...

He was definitely one of the sharper tools in the shed. I enjoyed his whacky sense of humor and respected his abilities. Had a good set of ears to. Our gatherings will not be the same without him.

I can honestly say that he will be missed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.