The food thread

Sales tax in NL is 21%, top income tax rate 52%
The 116 is intended as a precision 3D plastic slicer (wink wink, nodge nodge, say no more)

Gentlemen, start your screaming

Then you won't use this feature, it sounds so foodie?

The concave shape of the blade touches the product only at the cutting point, thereby preventing any alteration in taste and scent.

Don't know, the Catman first has to buy the flywheel slicer before inviting an audiophile over *.

Deli slicers by Hobart and the Berkel I currently have, in the $1K to $5k range, use steel guiding rods and plastic cuffs for movement of the platter.
Adjustment of cut thickness is coarse, no need to have a finer setting if the platter guidance isn't that accurate.

Professional machines for precise cutting/slicing plastic for research purposes are built as machinery for metal, e.g. lathes, table grinders, milling machines.
One of those costs upwards of $100K new.
Berkel classic models are constructed as a milling machine, same type of horizontal guiding/bed, worm-wheel ratio allows adjustment in mil steps.

I'm positive the IRS would rather have me buy a 116 (at net 1/5th retail) than spend 100 grand. You reckon they'd accuse me of being a meat dodger ?

(* © Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot, aka the Penguin)

Last edited:
Had a nice lunch today. Pulled pork in Bitter melon. Nice combo.

Attachments

• IMG_0226.jpg
    IMG_0226.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 130
Tonight - Tons of won at wor.

1kg extra lean ground pork
1kg shrimp, chopped
Sesame oil
Oyster sauce
Fish sauce
Hoisin
Msg
Wraps, 1/2 of a twin pack

60 or so pieces plus leftover filling for WHY.

Chicken and Oyster mushroom broth, with Bonito flake
Bbq pork
Yu-choy
Teriyaki sliced beef (added raw at serving time like Pho.)

Attachments

• IMG_0228.jpg
    IMG_0228.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 134