The Burning Amp Festival-Burning Gadgets Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
World's Best $100 Pr. speakers

Here's some info about the drivers that I used for my BIB that I'll be bringing. I used OSB board, the Pioneer BOFU drivers and the tweeter that Mr. Chang discovered...

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1325468#post1325468

The biggest novelty is to get full range response at that price, but they sound good by any standard.. and the OSB looks mighty cool.

Attachments

• xbibx.jpg
    xbibx.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 361
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Smashing both Pumpkin and Sy's Pumpkin Smasher

:devilr:

why I have impression that this Gadget can :smash: both mentioned preamps ............

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

:clown:

I have slight impression of that, just because I have this:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Out of 4 things I have slotted to bring to Burning Amp, the JFET/MOSFET open loop preamp and "Almost Blameless " amp are very happily situated in my living room and playing away as I write this. I'm eager to audition them on another set of speakers. The "Half Nelson" Zen-like amp has been tested, and is in final assembly. Hopefully my tube/JFET hybrid amp will be working by Sunday, but even if it's not entirely there, I'll bring it along, as it's a bit of an unusual package. If nothing else, this event has forced me to bring several of umpteen projects to some sort of completion....

I had a look at the schedule - gives me a a little time to get my butt into gear in the morning and get lost finding the place... Seriously, I'll be around as early as I can. I'll be bringing the stuff I mentioned, a servicable TT, interconnects, etc. What I'll mainly need is access to some efficient speakers for the "Zen" amp and my tube amp. The Mostly Blameless beast shouldn't be so picky, as it has a little more capability. I'd like to meet some of the local folks and rub elbows with some of the bigwigs, too. There's no reason why some of us shoudn't be able to get together informally at intervals for demos and such.

Just to let everyone know that the 100W Aleph-X's I'm bringing have balanced as well as unbalanced inputs. There seems to be some added focus on equipment (pre-amps) with balanced outputs so if the AX's can be of service to someone's demo please feel free.

Graeme

Status
Not open for further replies.