The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Magura said:

I have no clue what a T-Mobile Blackberry is, but if you think it could be used to make webcast from the event...I'd say we look into that.

Magura :)

My understanding from beginning was that Magura was asking about webcasting, which is just not going to take place without having internet access on the site. To have access to internet to send and receive emails is another story and that is where you advices are correct.
Edited
For webcasting we do need substantial bandwidth, which is typically not available as wireless

you guys and your crackberries...

let me try and get this back OT!

Here's the kit I'm bringing up:

here's my speakers, a pair of AR3b's that I ripped up and refitted with a Morel MW1075 10" woofer, a Vifa MG10MD09 fiberglass midrange and a Vifa XT19TD00 3/4" tweeter. I picked these drivers almost 3 years ago as the flattest, most extended rivers I could find (afford) at the time.
ImpAudioLS3_1.jpg
[/IMG]

...pause....
does this work:scratch:

nice...OK

so here's my rack...... BORING .....

DX23rack1.jpg
[/IMG]

please note that the Rane AC23 is only for reference. Actually, I've been listening to it for the last 3 years and have grown quite fond of it....no that I've dialled it in.

What is better is the 1U rack below it, the prototype DX23!!!

The amp has been a mainstay for even longer, being the first piece of kit I put together. Douglas Self has set a bar that I cannot exceed - I love this amp

600WClassG.jpg
[/IMG]

The class G is supplied from a Plitron toroid with 4x 150W windings at 24V. The series configuration is, I believe, unique and provides a very elegant supply for class G using 2x bridge rectifiers. I also have a neat 10ohm/10W relay cut-out start out circuit that allows this amp to power up on a 20A breaker (I simulated peak turn on to exceed 60A for these parts)

The whole kit is triamped and so the back end looks like this:

babys_backend.jpg
[/IMG]

sweet huh?!?

Wait til you hear it!!! I regularly find myself at 2am listening to sh%t.

DSP-geek! I think we are on the same path. Wanna car pool?

SY, AR2 & esteemed amp-burn organizers:
do we need to petition for demo time? I got a lot of songs that sound great on my system. How long do we get?

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
We use the "registration" list to make our "guest" list which we use to make our "Schedule" list :rolleyes: which we haven't finished yet..

You are on the Guest list a with a description of your kit , so you will be scheduled. You will know your time slot soon. It hactually helped us to get your post describing your stuff in more detail..

Feel free to "pimp your gear" here "Guests" :

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1321663#post1321663

I may move this most recent post there..

I'm gettin' "Fired" up!!!

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Mark,
When I do my demo, there are a couple bits of gear we need from the natives. Aside from the THD meter, Stuart's HP would work well as a back up, we should have an audio generator and a 'scope. What would be nice as well would be a laptop and audio test program to do an FFT - fixed frequency. Someone to operate it also so I don't waste time learning it. That way we can look at the ugly frequency domain as well.

This may give a number of people ideas on how to test their own equipment.

-Chris

Iain McNeill said:

DSP-geek! I think we are on the same path. Wanna car pool?

Sounds good. Gimme a heads-up via mail. Depending on whether the thing comes together on time (looking grim at the moment), I might ask you to give me a hand horsing the speakers into a van. Otherwise, if critical parts don't make it here before D-day, I'll forget about bringing anything to the show and take the car. You shouldn't have any problems with gear - it's got a Mafia trunk, enough room for two bodies.

Francois, "leave the gun, take the canolli".

anatech said:
Hi Mark,
When I do my demo, there are a couple bits of gear we need from the natives. Aside from the THD meter, Stuart's HP would work well as a back up, we should have an audio generator and a 'scope. What would be nice as well would be a laptop and audio test program to do an FFT - fixed frequency. Someone to operate it also so I don't waste time learning it. That way we can look at the ugly frequency domain as well.

I'll check with work to see whether I can bring the local digital 'scope, which also has some FFT functions.

anatech said:
Hi Mark,

This may give a number of people ideas on how to test their own equipment.

-Chris

Hello Chris,
I will be providing PC with Sound card (fire wire M Audio) and Mac Power Book if needed.
I am very short with PC programs. The only ones that I have and that I know that are working are my Sound Easy and The Right Mark Audio. Arta works but I have it in demo version.
If you or anyone knows of software that will work for this and that could be downloaded I will be happy to do so. Or if anyone has a software that needs dongle and willing to bring it here please let me know.
I use to have a great software - Spectra Lab Pro but not anymore. They had it available for download but not any more. That was greatest software that I know.
So I could use any help in this area.
Chris if you have any preference or suggestion please let me know so I could look for.

I have a feeling that SY will have something in this area to help us out?
AR2
PS I am very interested in your presentation. I love to learn measurements and this will be a great opportunity.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.