The Burning Amp 2011-Schedules & Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I have some heat sinks, transformers and crossover parts I'd like to donate. Is this appropriate? Any interest? If so I'll see what else I can scrounge up.

Lots of interest. Everyone, please bring stuff that other's could use.. Informal swapping also permitted! Not sure how much Nelson will bring this year as he must be running out after all the shows! And we gave away tons of stuff from NHT the last couple of years, but that is gone now too..

Last edited:
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I may also be able to bring my 300B Tubelab SE with UBT-3 (or Transcendar) OPTs. Finished today on the breadboard, having at least a temporary enclosure by 10/1 should be in the cards. Just let me know if that would be of interest.
Stefan

Interest! Doesn't have to be in a "real" enclosure, although we need to keep the fingers out. Will it be ready? Got a preamp?

Interest! Doesn't have to be in a "real" enclosure, although we need to keep the fingers out. Will it be ready? Got a preamp?

Not so likely anymore as it is not working properly and I am not sure I can figure it out until the 1st.
No pre-amp, sorry.

I could bring a CD/blue-ray player if you still need sources, but they are 'common' HiFi kind; nothing high[er]-end.

It a shame the Mr. Self is coming as I have had first hand experience of his "over designed work". And spent the next 9mth fixing it, oh for him a sound effect BOOM.
Oh the "unknown drive" circuit is higher in distortion higher heat output and smokes nicely and is very costly, And the " double op amp turtle" cant swim, but again smoke with a magnificent aroma.
But I wish Nelson and the team a great time and good luck.Have fun guys.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Check out the updated Room assignments Post 2, We need Sources and Preamps! They don't have to be DIY! a couple more loudspeakers couldn't hurt. Remember we want extras to swap in..

I can bring a few Auraliti PK100 spdif-analog and PK 90 USB file players (computer audio sources). I also have a few USB converters and dacs (all quite portable) including the Open source UAC 2 async DAC http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/185761-open-source-usb-interface-audio-widget.html

I'll try to bring some content on USB sticks but we can play from participants as well, FLAC, WAV and AIFF formats.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I can bring a few Auraliti PK100 spdif-analog and PK 90 USB file players (computer audio sources). I also have a few USB converters and dacs (all quite portable) including the Open source UAC 2 async DAC http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/185761-open-source-usb-interface-audio-widget.html

I'll try to bring some content on USB sticks but we can play from participants as well, FLAC, WAV and AIFF formats.

I saw the Auraliti last year but would much prefer hearing it this year! Sure bring a couple, but in a form that they can be plugged into a preamp or power amp. Not sure if they include a DAC or not. I should know that! :(

I will bring the following and probably more:

- α10 preamp (with relay R-2R ladder attenuator, relay input/output switching, LCD display and IR remote control)
- β24 power amp (big solid state fully-differential amp)
- γ2 DAC (USB/coax/optical, switchable filters)
- β22 amplifier (for headphones and low-power speakers)
- laptop computer with music
- Sennheiser HD800, HD600, HD580 and PX100 headphones

Dunno which room works best for these.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member

I have a PGA2320-based preamp as in volume/balance control, remote no less. See pic.
Can handle up to 4-way active installations but works plain stereo too ;-)
Would like to try it out on different systems. Will bring anyway.

jan

Attachments

• system 196k.JPG
    system 196k.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.