The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine

I've been browsing epoxy wood adhesives and found this:NEW Six10 Epoxy Adhesive which looks easy to use.

Has anyone tried it?

Yes. I have used it a number of times. WestSystems makes good epoxy (a lot of people who build their own airplanes here trust their lives to their products). You can't beat the ease of use in this package. To me that is worth the extra cost. Plan on it curing overnight (it is not 5 minute epoxy) and be sure get a handful of the maxing straws. The glue hardens in them overnight too.

Yes. I have used it a number of times. WestSystems makes good epoxy (a lot of people who build their own airplanes here trust their lives to their products). You can't beat the ease of use in this package. To me that is worth the extra cost. Plan on it curing overnight (it is not 5 minute epoxy) and be sure get a handful of the maxing straws. The glue hardens in them overnight too.
Thanks for that. Yes, it does look very easy to use. Pretty much idiot-proof. I think that's what I'll be using.

Hi guys!

I'm new to electronics, and new to sound systems, but i have a desire to build a middle sized BLUETOOTH boombox for listening outdoors.

I've already read lots of information but i can't get this puzzle in one line...

So i ordered:
1) TK2050 50W+50W amp;
2) Bluetooth module (OVC3860)
Spk b PCBA ?????? ???????? ????? ?????? Bluetooth ?????? Bluetooth ????????? ??????, ????????????? ????????? ?????? ??????????? ?????????? ? ??????

I plan to connect this bluetooth module to amplifier and use 12v supply. So how do you think, is it fine conjunction and will 12v supply be enough? I read in this thread that TK2050 needs 30V...

I know that there are a lot of nuances as connection, grounding of Bluetooth module, but i will work with it a bit later...

Sorry for my English, i'm from Russia....

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/9940/6vaprU.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img538/2650/qJb569.jpg

Greetings from Finland! I would like to know what do you guys think about my newest boombox. It`s built in a heavy granadelauncher`s ammobox(15mm plywood). It is pretty large and heavy and LOUD, but it was meant to be just that.

Parts:
2x Hp-10w
2x monacor piezo`s
Sure-electronics 2x100w amp
Panasonic 28ah battery (big but I got an unused one laying around)
Dc-Dc converter for amp 12v->26v
Mp3 decoder with bluetooth, aux, fm radio etc
Usb charger for phones tablets etc
After I took those pictures, I added:
Wheels to every corner so I can pull it around
Lights around the speakers (blinking in the rythm of BASS)
2meters of RGB led strip to the bottom so it lights up the night.
Chain for pulling it around.
Chain between the box and the cover.

So it`s basically a halfinator.

Currently it is a sealed box of 50liters. Is it worth to make a port? What tuning would you recommend? 80hz?

Last year i build a Boominator, with all the original stuff like Woofers, piezo, and the AMP6. This year i would like to upgrade it a little. I still want to use the same Woofers, and Piezo, now i have 2 70AH car batteries, in a battery pack, and a solar panel on 50w. mostly because i got it for free. But i was wondering what amp would be most suitable for that setup. it still have to be 12v. Was thinking to use two Maxamp20 since you are are talking so nice abouth them, but will that double the effect if i just split the jack signal between the two Amp's and will the quality still be as awesome as it were??

Last year i build a Boominator, with all the original stuff like Woofers, piezo, and the AMP6. This year i would like to upgrade it a little. I still want to use the same Woofers, and Piezo, now i have 2 70AH car batteries, in a battery pack, and a solar panel on 50w. mostly because i got it for free. But i was wondering what amp would be most suitable for that setup. it still have to be 12v. Was thinking to use two Maxamp20 since you are are talking so nice abouth them, but will that double the effect if i just split the jack signal between the two Amp's and will the quality still be as awesome as it were??

Doubling the power gives you 3dB only, thats good, alas you're also going to be running into twice the impedance, so the amplifier can deliver only half its power, so net gain is zero, that's bad.
To really get things moving you have to go to 24V, that's bad, because you need a bigger more expensive amp, but you have two batteries now, which is good, of course bad is that 41Hz are gone, so no amp9.
Seeing that you have the amp6 you could run it into 2 ohm, so doubling the drivers ie. build another boominator and run it in parallel will give you 6dB, but you will have to give it a decent heat sink.
The thing is, is it really not loud enough? Maybe adding a preamp will get you more out of the amp. Or you could just sit closer.

Hello all, I am currently in the process of building a halfinator. I am probably going to use the Hp12w's since the 3dwarehouse sketchup I used can be found here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=2089dce43549e83eee759983926e3ad5

This is the HalfinatorXL by Croowley. I am wondering about the tweeters though - could I use any of these

Speaker Piezo Tweeter MPT 001 | eBay

Tweeter 2" Bullet Sold Each 600 Watts Pyramid TW47 Tweeter 68888701754 | eBay

Power Acoustik NX3 1 75" Aluminum Dome Horn Tweeter 200W MAX Sold Each | eBay

I really like these power acoustik's

Also should I use the 20maxamp?
Just wondering if these tweeters will work (or if I should use piezos) and how they should be connected? Also could I use 4 tweeters on this design, just add an extra hole on the other side of the hp12w? I would like maximum sound willing to give up bass

Last edited:
Don't use that model and don't use the HP12W as a speaker for the Boominator! Wasted money, they won't perform as intended. Use the Monacor MPT001 as tweeters, those can be found much cheap though. I think Accusafe has some stock on Boominator drivers; shoot them a message. Indeed use the MaxAmp20 by Accusafe.

Thank for the quick response. Just read satornus's response about not using the hp12w - so thank you for the second confirmation. Also, I only need one amp for the halfinator, right? what model should I use for the halfinator - do you have it by chance? Thanks, Jon. I do plan to get the monacors you suggest - thank you