• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

The best tube pre from Vietnam - 818 Pre

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi kevinkr!

Well thank you!
Well yes, the LM317 can not be the best, I used Jfet replace it! I recently tested the following schematic, and I enjoyed it! 6h30pi particular tube,
Thank you and hope you add comments to this pre!

With tube 6h30 i like:
Anode = 90V, 40mA/ Tube
6h6 I like:
Anode = 170V, 40ma/Tube
This is other circuit, Please see it!
Thanks
Quanghao

Simple balanced pre-amp. I did something similar long ago and also experimented with cross-connected cascodes, excellent balance, but too much noise with the Amperex E82CC I was using at the time. Consider using a cascode CCS with a small negative supply (-12V or so), CMRR will be greatly improved. (Ability to reject hum, and other common mode noise)
I'd think you might want to increase the plate load resistor values slightly? _ I haven't checked rp for this type, but bear in mind that with differential connection it will be much higher than you think. (twice or more is possible)

Simple balanced pre-amp. I did something similar long ago and also experimented with cross-connected cascodes, excellent balance, but too much noise with the Amperex E82CC I was using at the time. Consider using a cascode CCS with a small negative supply (-12V or so), CMRR will be greatly improved. (Ability to reject hum, and other common mode noise)
I'd think you might want to increase the plate load resistor values slightly? _ I haven't checked rp for this type, but bear in mind that with differential connection it will be much higher than you think. (twice or more is possible)

yes! it is very nice idea . the circuit follow the basic with CCS + bias!

Attachments

• BL-818.jpg
    BL-818.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,007
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.