The Best DAC is no DAC

Good news Felipe.

Does that mean you're now getting good music and no noise?

Ray

Well fixed the noise adding LC filtering at the PSU, now CLC 2.200uF 2mH 1.000uF. Salas information: FF rather easily picks EMI

542990d1460367812t-simplistic-salas-low-voltage-shunt-regulator-wp_20160411_005-1-.jpg

Couple of questions on the boards.

How are folks separating the two boards and making the correction that Ray had pointed out? Are you using a exacto knife to cut the trace and separate the boards?

Any recommendation for power supply and case? Working on putting the Element14/Mouser order together and would like to include everything in one order.

Couple of questions on the boards.

How are folks separating the two boards and making the correction that Ray had pointed out? Are you using a exacto knife to cut the trace and separate the boards?

Any recommendation for power supply and case? Working on putting the Element14/Mouser order together and would like to include everything in one order.

I use a Dremel with a cutting disc to separate the boards and to cut the tracks for the correction; see the pictures I posted a way back.

Felipe's experience has highlighted the need for a good power supply, certainly for the FlipFlop board. I'm getting good results with these supplies;

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vend...ow-noise-ldo-regulator-pcb-5.html#post4239877

Ray

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Infor for WaveIO USB-I2S owners.

I2S_BCLK = DSD_CLK only for FlipFlop users
I2S_LRCK = DSD_DAC0 =left
I2S_DATA = DSD_DAC1 =right

Attached pics WaveIO, important when using isolated I2S outputs (recommende) to power with other PSU no shared with the WaveIO power or the self powered USB.

Attachments

• DSD PIN OUT.png
    DSD PIN OUT.png
    773.6 KB · Views: 415
  • WaveIO Infos.pdf
    552.8 KB · Views: 87
Its time to finish. Be patient with me.
Questions:
1. LPF. Got a 15nF (WIMA MKS 4 0.015/250 F4, any recommendations) and 270R (39.297 Hz) or 300R (35.367 Hz).
2. Can I power it from USB. Use USB switch on JLSound board and power it with dirty power from USB. I plan to bay decent linear power supply but this is to test.
3. Can some one explain me purpose of board's jumpers.

PS. Sorry four my English.