The best books to buy on speaker design and construction

I am curious to have a look at it, if it's freely available to be downloaded.
I bought the first two volumes years ago and they cost real money back then. Maybe look on E-bay or at the AES website. You can download them as PDF files today but they are $30 to $50 each depending on which one and whether or not you are an AES member. Look here in the Anthologies section https://portal.aes.org/commerce/store But, those Rod Elliot articles look that @PeteMcK referenced look really good for a hobbyists compendium at no cost.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Lautsprecher - Aufbau - Nachbau - Umbau-new edition.jpg
    Lautsprecher - Aufbau - Nachbau - Umbau-new edition.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Lautsprecher - Aufbau - Nachbau - Umbau.jpg
    Lautsprecher - Aufbau - Nachbau - Umbau.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Lautsprecher Dichtung u. Wahrheit new edition.jpg
    Lautsprecher Dichtung u. Wahrheit new edition.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Lautsprecher Dichtung u. Wahrheit.jpg
    Lautsprecher Dichtung u. Wahrheit.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
For the Norwegians out there, a classic

1670194636238.jpeg

I got this at the age of 10 or so early in the 90s basic yet somewhat detailed with formulas that eventually pushed me into physics, science and engineering.

I still use it sometimes for reference:
https://www.nb.no/items/3db68beb22d59e06e31312c09d09234d?page=0&searchText=oaiid:"oai:nb.bibsys.no:999006910504702202"

Probably outdated by now but still good in my opinion. Also the cover speaker is a very interesting case, made by NRK (similar to BBC in the UK), Seas drivers and active crossovers and dedicated amps per driver, quite sophisticated at the time.

Last edited:
Speaker Buidling 201 by Ray Alden is an excellent starting book.
Reminded me I had some 'gifted' books...........Ray Alden's Advanced Speaker Systems (computer designed systems) so self explanatory ;), David B. Weems' Designing, Building & Testing Your Own Speaker System with projects (2nd edition), basics all the way up to all of Keele's math + programming for RadioShack's TRS (trash)-80 computer.