The Barney Oliver from Hewlett Packard

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First 'super op-amp' as power amp? The first I encountered was the HK Citation 12, but it was largely cribbed from an RCA ap-note of the period, so obviously not new. I don't recall what the JBL amp with Locanthi's "T" output stage looked like on the front end. Don't remember the exact chronology of Dan Meyer and SWTPC, but I think it was a couple years later. Didn't the Marantz tube amps use a "long tail pair" for input and phase splitter. That would almost qualify, though not DC coupled due to the output transformer.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
I just acquired two of these and a manual. A little work and they should be up and running. Typical HP build quality of 1972.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    917.1 KB · Views: 271
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I was very lucky in getting this pair of amps. I met the owner stepping out of my plane and he gave me someflying tips. It turns out he was the father of the HP calculator line and we started talking about electronics and he said he wanted me to have them. Just a super guy with a ton of great stories.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.