The Aleph Jango

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:Dhehe thrue.
some SS e120r100 is on my wishlist. but, odds are running against me:D
on the other hand. maybe some other power J-fets can be used.
some that more people can get their hands on.
BTW: i i'm awaiting the new AJ boards before i build:) the PD boards will not suffice the heatsinks i'm planning to use.

Last edited:
Anybody else using Peter Daniels boards. Just want to confirm J74 pinout. 98% sure, but cant really follow the trace from one of the J74 drains.

TEchinical question:
Since the CCS sets the current through the LTP, what affect does Yfs have on the performance of the FE. Basically, what does doubling up the FE Jfets do? Does the Yfs sum to one larger amount? Lower noise(pretty sure this is true) and distortion?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• 2sj109-to-2sj74.jpg
    2sj109-to-2sj74.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 536
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

TEchinical question:
Since the CCS sets the current through the LTP, what affect does Yfs have on the performance of the FE. Basically, what does doubling up the FE Jfets do? Does the Yfs sum to one larger amount? Lower noise(pretty sure this is true) and distortion?

double xconductance means greater OLG
(besides better control of output's gate , which can be desirable ...... or not - if chasing H2/H3)

greater OLG means (with same CLG) more NFB

more NFB means .......... you choose

;)

double xconductance means greater OLG
(besides better control of output's gate , which can be desirable ...... or not - if chasing H2/H3)

greater OLG means (with same CLG) more NFB

more NFB means .......... you choose

;)

This is where I am a little hairy on these things. Am I incorrect in thinking that the IDss of the CCS x Pot setting = needed Vgs for DC bias. If so, Yfs must affect things on the AC side ofthings, correct. Do you measure gain by running sinewave through FE and wacthing what comes out across pot?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
This is where I am a little hairy on these things. Am I incorrect in thinking that the IDss of the CCS x Pot setting = needed Vgs for DC bias. If so, Yfs must affect things on the AC side ofthings, correct. Do you measure gain by running sinewave through FE and wacthing what comes out across pot?

take it simple - when using two Jfets in LTP , drain resistor is R

when using 2+2 Jfets in LTP , (common) drain resistor is R/2 (R per drain)

but - xconductance is rising (double ) - think of change in mA/V ( ΔmA per input V) , so you'll having roughly double gain in input LTP

in both cases you'll have and need same Vds for biasing of output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.