The Advantages of Floor Coupled Up-Firing Speakers

Well that's more up to the builder. You can make decent puters with no fan now. There are always other ways now with computers - like putting the tower in the next room and running the firwire through a hole in the wall. So you have the breakout box in the listening room for patching but the powerful PC (which will need fans) in the next room. You can use bluetooth based mice and keyboards to get the tower really far away now.

It's complex in the beginning but more intuitive and easier in the end. I can adjust pretty much everything from the listening location with a controller. Not for everyone but well if accuracy is the goal then...

And really I don't see much of a distinction with most "hardware". Most of the time this hardware is nothing more than a small computer with software that's a pain to update.

Last edited:
Eh I'll explain it to the best of my ability another time. Was just giving an alternative to the hardware I see recommended over and over. I still don't see any distinction - there is no requirement to tinker with settings because you are using a PC instead of proprietary hardware.

Well I plan on helping out with that. Doing some of the legwork for you.

Some of my ideas are much easier than they used to be. My midi controller for instance does not require knowledge of MIDI language to program. You basically point and click and the control is assigned to the parameter.

I guess the roofing guy doesn't allow me to discuss Key in public so I don't try it (this time).

But while you're here: how are you coming along with the elliptical waveguide? One day I'd like to own loudspeakers that allow me to remove absorption from the floor and the ceiling.

Hi,

One day I'd like to own loudspeakers that allow me to remove absorption from the floor and the ceiling.

I already do.

AMR LS-77 Reference Monitors [audiojunkies]

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

My next project uses an even bigger magnetostat driver ad extends the narrow vertical dispersion down to 600Hz. It also bumps overall efficiency up to 98dB/W/m...

Gonna be WAY CUTE as it is still only a compact monitor meant for use with a Sub.

Though I am considering to build me a special pair with some build "Maenner Baessen" (Man's Woofers) more like this:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Might double up the lower midrange drivers in an MTM to get narrower vertical dispersion to a lower frequency though...

Ciao T