07 - Funeral For A Friend - Elton John
08 - Whole Lotta Love - CCS
09 - Frankenstein - The Edgar Winter Group
10 - A 200 - Deep Purple
11 - Where's My Thing? - Rush
12 - The Great Gates of Kiev - Emerson, Lake & Palmer
13 - Pick Up The Pieces - Average White Band
15 - Asleep in the Desert - ZZTop

Sticking with the rock theme, Rock bands that had a gimmick that appealed to the masses (the whole world):

01 - Gimme All Your Lovin - ZZTop
02 - Hot Love - T. Rex (representing the complete Glamrock genre 🤮)
03 - I Was Made For Lovin’ You - Kiss
04 - Rock Is Dead - Marilyn Manson [. . .]
05 - This Town Aint Big Enough For Both Of Us - Sparks - (My claim to fame, I used to work with Dinky Diamond, the drummer for Sparks)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Sticking with the rock theme, Rock bands that had a gimmick that appealed to the masses (the whole world):

05 - This Town Aint Big Enough For Both Of Us - Sparks - (My claim to fame, I used to work with Dinky Diamond, the drummer for Sparks)
06 - You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC

07 - YMCA - Village People (not in my collection, but fits the theme and been tortured by this at every event with a DJ)

07 - YMCA - Village People (not in my collection, but fits the theme and been tortured by this at every event with a DJ)
08 - Virginia Plain - Roxy Music (More Glam just for Kay 😀)

Reactions: 4 users
Joined 2004
Paid Member

09 - Last Train To Clarksville - The Monkees (nothing but gimmick and, for the record (small pun intended), not in my collection)

09 - Last Train To Clarksville - The Monkees (nothing but gimmick and, for the record (small pun intended), not in my collection)
10 - Hard Rock Hallelujah - Lordi (masked rock/metal)

11 - Jailhouse Rock - The Residents

Gimmick yes but no real mass appeal...sadly.

Joined 2013
Paid Member

12 - The Musical Box - Genesis (Peter Gabriel's performance art era)

Joined 2007
Paid Member

13 - Ijime, Dame, Zettai - Babymetal (somehow the whole group/band is the gimmick)

13 - Ijime, Dame, Zettai - Babymetal (somehow the whole group/band is the gimmick)
14 - The Jean Genie - David Bowie

Reactions: 1 user

14 - The Jean Genie - David Bowie
15 - Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz