The 15 Song Album collection:

01 - Autumn of My Life - Bobby Goldsboro (there might be some embarrassing ones in the list )
02 - I Can't Explain - The Who
03 - Flaming Youth - Kiss
04 - Lightning Strikes (Not Once But Twice) - The Clash
05 - In The Time Of Our Lives- Iron Butterfly (Actually my parents bought it, but I should propably have bought myself)
06 - Lemon Tree - Arthur Lyman (I bought it for mum because her original copy was scratched and jumped, I was a good little boy)

01 - Autumn of My Life - Bobby Goldsboro
05 - In The Time Of Our Lives- Iron Butterfly (Actually my parents bought it, but I should propably have bought myself)
06 - Lemon Tree - Arthur Lyman (I bought it for mum because her original copy was scratched and jumped, I was a good little boy)
07 - Broken Hearted Blues - T.Rex (Tanx)

08 - This Town Ain't Big Enough For The Both Of Us - Sparks

Maybe, but I was 8 years old when I purchased my entry. Great topic btw, IMO we need more like it, subjective and/or personal instead of tightly controlled themes.

With hindsight I was probably lucky to not have a turntable until I was 15! :)

Pissed me off at the time but this way 'Sandinista!' was the first album I bought, a month or two before I got a TT.
Every album I bought since was in the hope to get something equally good but that never hapened. :(

With hindsight I was probably lucky to not have a turntable until I was 15! :)

Pissed me off at the time but this way 'Sandinista!' was the first album I bought, a month or two before I got a TT.
Every album I bought since was in the hope to get something equally good but that never hapened. :(

Lucky you, Sandinista! is one of my favorite albums, but I didn’t discover it till my late 20s.

About 10 years earlier I went to my first gig which was CAN.

Yes, I was only 5 but everybody in our house (three 8 bedroom flats) went and it was a free, open air afternoon concert in the local park only a ten minute walk away.
Still love both The Clash and CAN :) and it does go a long way explaining my left-of-centre musical tastes and political leanings. :D

09 - Down Down - Status Quo.

I'm pretty sure that was from the first album I bought myself (as opposed to having bought for me, some of which would be embarrassing now).

10 - Castle Walls - Styx

No, Status Quo isn't.
I'm not snobbish about music and don't mind playing Quo earlier albums occasionally.
Are you referring to Picturesque Matchstickable Messages from the Status Quo?
Never heard it although I've heard several tracks.
My favourites are Ma Kelly's Greasy Spoon (love the cover) and of course Piledriver.
And I suspect most folk have a soft spot for the stuff they liked in their early teens.

10 - Castle Walls - Styx
11 - Singing All Day - Jethro Tull

10 - Castle Walls - Styx
11 - Singing All Day - Jethro Tull
12 - See My Friends - The Kinks (On the cheap Marble Arch "Sunny Afternoon" LP)