Technics Turntable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I am working on a Technics SL-D303 turntable that I recently acquired and need a bit of help. The turntable has very low torque, will not pull up to speed, but will control the speed if I "help" it get turning. Recapped the circuit board, checked all resistors and replaced all the semiconductors, but the problem persists. I did disconnect the Hall Effect Sensors and there is no change in the way the turntable reacts. I would replace the HE sensors, but I have not been able to locate replacements.

Could the platter magnet we weak? What function do the Hall Effect Sensors serve in the drive circuit?

Thanks for any help you can give me,
David

Hall effect sensors sense the rotor position(the magnet poles). If one of the sensor is bad, this fault can occur.

They are easy to check. Just rotate the magnets(rotor) by hand and look for their output. For accesing the connection, solder some wire at the point of measurement.

Gajanan Phadte

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.