TEAC VRDS10 Belt Replacement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys anyone who ever replaced a VRDS10 loading and laser belt? In have the belts now, opened the cabinet top cover and wonder where to start. Do I need to take out the pcb's and start to work from the top, take out the "bridge" etc and finally get to the mechanics, or do I need to start working removing the bottom plate?
Don't have a service manual ...

Thanks, would appreciate it!
Leonard (netherlands)

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Just looking at google pics for this player and I would say you just remove the top plate (is that the motor on this player) from over the platter, and then remove the tray by hand.

You don't normally remove any PCB's for CD mechs like this. I'm guessing the whole mech just unplugs and lifts out if needed. Despite it being an upmarket player it looks a conventional construction.

Guys anyone who ever replaced a VRDS10 Do I need to take out the pcb's and start to work from the top, take out the "bridge" etc and finally get to the mechanics, or do I need to start working removing the bottom plate?

Leonard (netherlands)

No, you need remove only the clamp with motor ( 4 screws) & unconnect the cable for motor.

After that, everything will be clearer.

Regards zeoN_Rider

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.