TEAC VRDS T1 CD Transport

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well...

Not all is sorted anyway it seems. I can't really interpret the service manual and now both the tray is slow, the cd is sometimes skipping and the laser "mechanism" seems very slow and noisy. My guess is that I need both new belts and a new laser.

But I can't seem to understand which belts and which laser unit. Is anything on this site the right things to buy?

http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/search.html?query=teac+laser

There's actually a complete mechanism but is it the right one ? Would it be feasible to get hold of a complete new mechanism ?

Thanks !

I'm not sure that there is belt in the spinning motor.
The only belt is for the tray.

Make sure that the clamp is firmly engaged and can put the CD on the platter, if you change the tray gear, you took off the tray and perhaps it's not correctly engaged ?

I solved a laser problem (skiping sometime on the first track) by cleaning the metal bar that support the laser mecanism.

The laser mecanism is KSS240A for the T1. But, for replacement, you can have to readjust gain and focus.

I have got similar problems with T-1 transport.It also skips on the first tracks and refuse to open a tray if asked.I must push open/close button two times and this second press has to be done just in the moment when a word "open" dissapears from display.If not done this way, it still reads the time on inserted CD and then displays it and still waiting...
I just have cleaned laser and put some isopropylalcohol to three microswitches I had found.Any belts to be seen.Where to search for them inside?
An interesting fact it works properly with opened case.Screwed together and failed again.
Do you have a service manual in electronic form available at this moment for me?
Jan

This was an interesting thread. By now I have a VRDS-8, and I'm about to buy a T-1 with some skipping-problems.

If anybody here could help me as well, mailing me the servicemanual for one/both units, it would be great!

As they're bot old units, I'm planning on buying laser-units for them both, just to be prepared. The T-1 probably need a new unit right away, I'm afraid...

Anyhow; if you feels like giving a "hand", please do... ;)

Re: TEAC VRDS Transport

hifiboy said:
Hi,

in fact I managed to get the transport running once again. It was a simple failure in the transmission of the laser signal to the mother board. Unfortunately the mechanics and the building quality of the TEAC are not representative for the price class it was sold! The line was broken, because it is mechanically stressed every time you are playing a CD. Thanks for your advices, they are really helpful!

Hifiboy

If you should drop by... Exactly where did you locate the broken line?

I found a TEAC VRDS 10 in the dumpster where I live. I hooked it up briefly by analog to a T-amp and it seemed to work OK. I opened it up to see what power caps and op-amps I could replace and found that R101 and Z101 were toasted.
Does anyone have the values of these parts and perhaps know what made them blow?

Any help Greatly appreciated!

- Jim

@Bob_Sled and byond

I really hope that you'll get the answers you're looking for. Someone here must know, I guess...

Personally I bought the servicemanual for my VRDS8 and my T1, and it was of great help.

Also, maybe one of you ought to start a brand new VRDS10-thread?

Anyhow; good luck!

If you should drop by... Exactly where did you locate the broken line?

Hi, I saw your threat only now. So not sure if I will be of help, but anyway. Look to the connection of the PCB where the laser is located. The I/F cable is a white flat stiff cable. Resolder the connection to the PCB of the laser unit. The PCB moves as the laser moves and this mechanically stresses the cable and solder points.

Wrt the exchange of the laser unit: It is very easy because no adjustment after the exchange needs to be done.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.