TEAC VRDS CD T1 gear broken

After reading an email sending to parts of Teac, I have also tried to send one myself (bearing in mind that I am from Hong Kong (Asia)).
After the Chinese Lunar New Year, I have received the following email (extract here only):-

"Referring from TEAC Tokyo, the gears you requested are M02646000A GEAR HKD80 and 5801568801( M02645900A) GEAR, (B) HKD80. "

However, I have yet obtained the same because I have to wait for some clarification whether I have to attend the Service Centre in person or whether they could send such parts by mail instead. Anyway, it seems that it is not worthy to buy such parts from chsinteractive.co.uk (regardless how they obtained such parts).

Hi,
The CD tray has stopped working on myT1. I had the laser gear changed a couple of years ago by TEAC WA for A$150 and am scared to go back. He also accused me of trying to fix it myself or taking it to someone else who dislodged the ribbon cable. I am the only owner and had never opened it.

I this the 2 step gear for the T1?
Vrdst1 Gear A Sled Teac
It costs UKP 6.73.
I opened it partially and couldn't make out for sure if it was the 2 step gear which is at fault.

Alternatively, what do you think its worth the way it is?
I am using my DVD player as a source which isn't quite as good.
Thanks,
kffern

Hi
Just joined the forum as my T1 has just died with this problem.
Where in HK can you buy these?

DCH Electrical Appliances Service Centre
8th Floor Block C Yee Lim Industrial Centre
2-8 Kwai Lok Street Kwai Chung New Territories Hong Kong
Tel: 852 3193 9888

The abovenamed was referred by Teac Japan
and I trust that DCH is the authorized agent for spare parts in Hong Kong.

Just realised its the wrong one.
The 2 step costs UKP 44!!
I would be interested if one is available.

Thanks,
kffern

As I have mentioned earlier, the parts are sold at HK$80.00 (for each, i.e., HK$160.00). It is in no doubt less than UKP 15! Don't buy from some online
shops that offering such parts in ridiculous prices. I don't know whether
one could buy the same from overseas direct, but, that should be some way for others to buy the said parts in a reasonable price.

Hi lll817,

I have made an international call to DCH and a service attendance asked me for the model number. I mentioned my model name (VRDS-T1) and he clarified with me if the name is prefixed with some letter (e.g. 'B') and I told him no. He further asked if I purchased the machine from HK and the answer is no again (I bought it from Australia) and he told me he only has the parts which are meant for the HK model. Not giving up and I quoted him the part numbers (M02646000A, M02645900A) and he told me he doesn't have the parts you have mentioned. May I know if you have successfully purchased the part from them and if so how do you place the order (i.e. what part numbers or information you have submitted to them)?

My VRDS T1 has died of ever since the gear is broken into pieces and it was RIP for almost 5 years. It happens that I saw your post and I have immediately give it a try to bring the sleeping beauty back to life. I really hope it not gonna to sleep again and again and again... :(

lll817 - would it be possible for you to buy the gears for us, then we can paypal you the monies plus postage of course?

Cheers

No chance! I pm'ed him 3-4 weeks ago with no reply or answer, would have given some token for his troubles :confused:

Finally got a friend who went to HK to work to get it for me, gears fixed, but now it isn't reading the CDs, so suspect is now the laser pickup:(