TEA2025B can I use it as phone amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, you can use it. Depending on the impedance your headphones have, you should consider a resistor in series to the phones as protection.

The TEA2025 is rather noisy and in a headphone that will be more obvious than in a radio.
does 10k resistor enough?
for the noisy issue what do you think I should use to filter output :cool:
if you think this fair enough I'll try to build it then share the results here ;)

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
does 10k resistor enough?
for the noisy issue what do you think I should use to filter output :cool:
if you think this fair enough I'll try to build it then share the results here ;)

I imagine pacificblue was thinking more in terms of around 47 to 100 ohms.

The IC will work OK, just be sure to follow the recommended minimum gain in the data sheet... in fact just follow the circuit in the ST data sheet but include the output resistors. Make sure you decouple the IC across the supply pins.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
The 800 ohm is built into the IC to improve performance. You need to add your resistor in series with the headphones (which means adding it in series with the 470uF caps in the diagram). Also it would be wise to add a resistor (say 2K2) from across each output to ground (to ensure the 470uF caps charge before plugging phones in)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.