TE7022+ES9023 mini toy^_^

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Adequate power

Probably obvious, but you have to ensure that the DAC has sufficient power to drive it well.

When I originally set up the DAC, it sounded awful.:mad:
I tried a series of drivers, with no success. I disabled other sound hardware with no joy. I moved it to an XP machine and it sounded much better. I then unplugged the USB keyboard on the Windows 7 machine and it began to sing! :eek:

For a low cost DAC, it is excellent over 'phones. I'm going to give it a few days to settle in, then compare it with the Netgear EVA9000. I suspect both could use improved power supplies. I feel a project coming on!

Probably obvious, but you have to ensure that the DAC has sufficient power to drive it well.

When I originally set up the DAC, it sounded awful.:mad:
I tried a series of drivers, with no success. I disabled other sound hardware with no joy. I moved it to an XP machine and it sounded much better. I then unplugged the USB keyboard on the Windows 7 machine and it began to sing! :eek:

For a low cost DAC, it is excellent over 'phones. I'm going to give it a few days to settle in, then compare it with the Netgear EVA9000. I suspect both could use improved power supplies. I feel a project coming on!

I recommend you download this software to check the latency of your system, it should be less than 500-600ms. Huge or continuous Red spikes in your system will cause music interruptions to your music.

Download DPC Latency Checker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.