TDS340 Scope

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ashok,

I would guess that the an lcd failure isn't normal. May have been a manufacturing defect from day one, but took until now to fail.

The thing to remember about the 20 year old scopes, is that by now all of the ones with problems are long gone. Infant mortality took them out of service years ago!

-Dan

Picked it up.

Hi Dkemppai,
You are probably right about the life of the LCD. I was never really happy about how my display looked but didn't know what to do.
( Now ) When the display is off and you look at the screen at an angle you can see many horizontal lines on the screen ( behind the plastic protection screen ). It almost looks like there is a thin
transparent sheet over the LCD display and that there are thin folds in it running from the left bottom to the right top of the screen .... all the way from left to right. Strange. Also the strange oval in the middle with small radiating lines from it .
Long ago my Fluke 8060A display went black.My next Fluke DMM also had display problems.
However All my Jap meters and Wavetek DMM never ever had a problem. I wonder !
Ashok.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.