TDK H7C1 E-core

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HY ! I`ve found this E core TDK H7C1 and I was wondering if it would be suitable for a car amplifier PSU . Here are some caracteristics :confused: http://ece-www.colorado.edu/~ecen4517/course_material/Exp6/H7C1.pdf

i found out that the material is PC30 and has a permeability of 2500 is this good ??? :cannotbe:

how much power can i get out of it ? my frecvency is 50Khz but of course i can change it :smash:
the core is about 1.6 inch high and 1.6 wide

We need more info..........that is expected load current # Volts i.e Pout before we can compute if the core size is too small.
If what you have is a true EE core then one can expect around the 200W ballpark at 50Khz op frequency. However with an EI core the situation is different as the bobbin window is much smaller.
Computing switchmode power supplies is never an easy task....so many conflicts, switching and magnetics . Always allow a considerable tolerance i.e +50W on a 200W expect power rating for unexpected surges and peak currents.
hope this helps

rich

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.