TDA7293 datasheet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
woops... didnt expect it to be this large... XP

You just can't get the staff :D

They are to small.

A spur is a short piece of wire tee-d off the main connection between the two caps. The connection between the caps carries huge (10's of amps) charging pulses. The spur does not.

This could be OK for a heatsink and would take two IC's.
HSVM100 - VELLEMAN KIT - HEAT SINK FOR K8060 | CPC

It is originally for the Velemann "200 watt" amplifier.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
It should be a carbon or metal film type of around 1 or 2 watts rating. Small resistors can be stressed by constant (normal) variations in the mains voltage (and hence variation and sudden current spikes). In theory they should be fine... in practice you need the 1 or 2 watt rating for long term reliability.

i want to make a power indicator, and put it between +36 and -36V powersource, and i want to know how big of a rezistor should i put there... actually i want to make sure, that i am right, and with 3.5V (blue) diode i should put a 3.6K ohm rezistor (1/4 watt)

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
An LED uses so little current you should run it from just one rail. That cuts the dissipation down in the resistor. Value of the resistor depends on how bright you want it but I would think 10K to 33K would be nearer the mark (and thats on one 36v rail). Modern LED's are really efficient and bright at 1 milliamp.

oh... well i was calculating for 20mA... i think ill go with 22k

one more question... are you doing calculations, or have you done this before? (just wondering)

also i want to make a power switch, and i am making a small controll, on wich will be just the mute volume and on/off swich. i know i cant run the 220 ac to the controll, so i was wondering, whats happening when i cut the power right after the reservoir caps? or should i do it at the 220ac with relay?

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
You are best switching the AC mains really. One reason is that this ensures both rails appear and collapse together. The last thing you want is the circuit latching and putting DC across the speakers. A relay to switch the mains is fine.

I prefer to know if the supply rails have drooped badly.
To know if this is happening, I use a series combination of limiting resistor, LED and Zener.
The Zener voltage could be anywhere from 10% of rail voltage up to 90% of rail voltage.
At the 90% end the LED will go dim when the rail droops just slightly. OK for a regulated supply.

For a 40Vac winding generating 58Vdc I would use green LED + 39V Zener + 8k2 for about 2mA @ full voltage and drops to 0.5mA @ 45Vdc and by 40Vdc the LED will be OFF.

i cant do it with a relay... i would turn off its own power source... i would be left with a relay doing a "trrrrrrrr" sound... if could use a double swich, and turn it right after reservoir caps. i would put another swich on the power supply just for safety, but i think the relay and the reservoir caps shouldent drain enough voltage, for me to notice on my electricity bill...

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Mere technicalities :)

You need a tiny auxilliary supply using a small tranny to power the relay. The electricity consumption is negligable. Or... you use a small Nicad/NiMh battery to power the relay and as soon as the amp power appears the main circuit starts charging the battery.

You don't want to be switching the DC rails with switches for reasons already mentioned.

well i actually like the battery idear, i had a simmilar thought, with a capacitor...

something like this
2tTlCqA.png

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hmmm.... can't quite follow your idea there.

There are many ways you can do this. Start with the relay contacts in series with the mains. That's the switch part taken care of. The relay coil is connected via a battery and low voltage switch. That allows the relay to operate. Problem... the battery goes flat quickly. Solution... the battery is charged by the working amplifier PSU via a diode and resistor.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.