tda1554 amp attempt...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have been useing one of these for a couple of years now for my computer sound system, mine is the bridged design in the datasheet and the only heatsinking is the aluminium case it is housed in, it never even gets warm and is more than loud enough to hear it from the road outside my flat. before i moved to the flat i used too have a second amp useing the same chip but in a parallel / bridged configuration running a 10" sub and again it was more than enough power for me, i dont think i have ever used either of the amp at full volume since i have owned them except for testing when i first built them. great little amp, puts up with a lot of abuse, i used VERY basic psu (tranny - bridge - 4700uF, 14VDC out), plan on upgrading to regulated supply at somepoint in the future but no hum atall so never felt the need to change it, been running like this since i built them pretty much 24/7.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.